IGNORED

Wifi modem! Telnet from any computer with a serial port

Vorticon

I just came across the latest video from LGR and he was demoing this little gem. Unfortunately they are all sold out at the moment, but I will definitely be keeping my eyes on it! It should work perfectly fine with TimXT or any other terminal program for that matter...

https://youtu.be/fsS0E4G310Y

Yes, I have one and it works pretty good. But keep in mind there are issues transferring files with this little gem for the TI. I have had success getting mine to work on while connecting to FuSiON BBS, bu t have not had success with Heatwave. The insane one is looking into it. We are hoping we are close to a solution.

I have also been able to construct one that is very similar and uses a version of the developers code he released.

You can read some about it HERE

I am working on typing those docs up, but it has the same issue as the WiFi232 production release.

• Like 2

He replied back to me finally.

Me: Thanks! If this works, are you willing to sell the ESP boards programmed with your firmware? :)

Him: Hi Jon, It's a possibility, but not at this time. I don't have extras of the parts available. When this run winds down, I'll re-evaluate. Cheers, Paul

Does thing also work with Stuarts Browser?

With a case to enclose it, it seems like it would be a neat little gadget, but since I already have a UDS-10 and Vonets hanging off the back of my TI to give it WiFi, capability I'm going to pass on this one.

What I'm really interested in is either the UberGROM device or the TIPI since either one does not need an expanded TI with an RS-232 port. I still want to expand my small-footprint system.

• Like 1

Does thing also work with Stuarts Browser?

With a case to enclose it, it seems like it would be a neat little gadget, but since I already have a UDS-10 and Vonets hanging off the back of my TI to give it WiFi, capability I'm going to pass on this one.

What I'm really interested in is either the UberGROM device or the TIPI since either one does not need an expanded TI with an RS-232 port. I still want to expand my small-footprint system.

doesn't that require a uds? different protocols

Greg

I got one.

Just for kicks and grins I'm going to try it with the ESP board (I have what pins are what) by itself (and the firmware) with Tim's XT UberGROM Edition software.

I might also put my TTL to regular RS232 converter on it to see if I can daisy chain level shifters. LOL. TTL RS232 for the ESP to regular level RS232 for the adapter, then regular RS232 on a converter board back to TTL and then to the UberGROM. It *should* work.

I got one.

Just for kicks and grins I'm going to try it with the ESP board (I have what pins are what) by itself (and the firmware) with Tim's XT UberGROM Edition software.

I might also put my TTL to regular RS232 converter on it to see if I can daisy chain level shifters. LOL. TTL RS232 for the ESP to regular level RS232 for the adapter, then regular RS232 on a converter board back to TTL and then to the UberGROM. It *should* work.

You lost me right after "LOL". LOL

Doh! I did not consciously or intentionally call the program TIMXT to reference my own name. The boring reason for the name is that I was building two versions when I started the rework : a TI version and a Geneve version. One was called TIMXT the other GENMXT. Might be time to come up with a new name to go with the ANSI and PETSCII emulation rework.

Using the wifi232 with the ubergrom sounds like a nice option! I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Doh! I did not consciously or intentionally call the program TIMXT to reference my own name. The boring reason for the name is that I was building two versions when I started the rework : a TI version and a Geneve version. One was called TIMXT the other GENMXT. Might be time to come up with a new name to go with the ANSI and PETSCII emulation rework.

Using the wifi232 with the ubergrom sounds like a nice option! I'm looking forward to seeing that.

ROFL; sorry, that was a bad assumption on my part. :)

I'll set it from 1200 to the 19200 hardwired speed and see how it works. Probably the first enhancement I'll request for any new UberGROM version is the ability to set the baud rate if you are taking requests for changes. Thanks again for all the hard work with this.

• Like 3

Probably the first enhancement I'll request for any new UberGROM version is the ability to set the baud rate if you are taking requests for changes.

I haven't even thought about the baud rate, mostly because Fred and I both settled on 38.4k for HDX and TIMXT. I will put that on the list. If you think of anything else while testing, throw it into the TIMXT dev thread.

It looks fairly easy to put together. Just take your time..

planning on doing this either later tomorrow afternoon or early saturday morning. So much to do in the next 2 weeks and so little time to think about hobbies. But I this so badly. More so for my Amiga than the TI since I can already BBS on the TI with null modem cable and I have a UDS-10 (which I don't think I ever got configured properly for the TI web browser).

So I'm about to embark upon this task and was wondering what those of you whom may have been here and done this think.

There seems to be application specific steps depending upon the system connected to. Instead of Solder Bridges, what say you about jumper pins?

The underside of the modem contains several solder jumpers that enable you to customize the hardware flow control wiring to suit your application. The most typical settings are to use RTS/CTS hardware flow control. 1. Solder a bridge across the center of FLOW IN to RTS. 2. Solder a bridge across the center of FLOW OUT to CTS. If your application requires the DTR and DSR lines to be tied together back to the host system, solder a bridge across the DTR/DSR loop. In my testing using NComm on the Amiga, it required the DTR/DSR loop to work.

Well it's solder Bridge or bust. I guess I have to do some more research and decide how I want this thing permantly configured. I will at least put it together first.

Here is the one I received pre-assembled from Paul a month ago. it's the same thing and I do not see any solder bridges or jumpers.

It works on the TI exactly as the pictures show. no jumpers or solder bridges.

post-35187-0-39199900-1498329790_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-43644500-1498329791_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shift838