Photo

Wifi modem! Telnet from any computer with a serial port

203 replies to this topic

#201 twoodland ONLINE  

twoodland

Space Invader

• 38 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 6:10 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing your results.  I'm not aware of anyone ever being able to get Telco to work with a Nano-PEB.  I know I never was, and I had three different ones to try it with.  Good luck.

I am sorry if I was not clear, I am using a stock TI Peripheral Expansion Box not a Nano-PEB.  Thank you and I am having so much fun playing around with and troubleshooting RS-232 terminal communications again.  It has been a while!

#202 twoodland ONLINE  

twoodland

Space Invader

• 38 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 6:17 AM

Good afternoon everyone!  I am requesting your input once again as I need to tap into your wisdom and experience of all things TI-99 related.

Goal: I would like to utilize my PEB’s TI RS-232 board and WiModem 232 OLED to connect to Heatwave, FuSiON, 9640news, and other TI-99 BBS’s (Preferably with ANSI graphics). 

I would also like to have 80 column mode but do not have an F18A yet (Looking for one to become available).

I have:

1. PEB w/Flexcable Interface, TI Disk Controller, TI RS-232 Interface (DB25F), TI 32Kx8 Memory Expansion Board and PHP 1250 5.25” Full Height SS/DD Floppy Drive.
  2. WiModem 232 OLED (DB25F)
  3. Gender Changer Adapter (DB25M to DB25M)
  4. Break Out Box (DB25F to DB25M)
  5. FinalGROM 99 Cartridge
  6. Terminal Emulator II Cartridge

Current Connection: TI RS-232 (DB25F) – (DB25M to DB25M) Gender Changer – (DB25F to DB25M) Break Out Box (Wired – 1-1, 2-3, 3-2,7-7,6-20,20-6) – (DB25F) WiModem 232 OLED (Connected to WoodlandNET Home WiFi).

Using TEII Cartridge – Selecting 300 baud, Even Parity, Full Duplex, Port #1, 40 Columns

Current Issue: Screen displays: Looking for router…, Connected to WoodlandNET, Filesystem Ready! (Looping).  It will not accept any AT commands (+++, ATH etc.)

What am I doing wrong?  What is the best setup for what I want to accomplish?

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

TWoodland

attachicon.gifScreen.jpg

attachicon.gifBOB.jpg

attachicon.gifWiModem232OLED.jpg

One thing I noticed after posting this and setting back down to troubleshoot some more is something that should have been obvious to me.  If you look at my breakout box configuration settings from the picture, after trying a straight-thru 2-2,3-3 configuration that did not work,  I tested 2-3, 3-2 by adding jumpers... BUT I forgot to turn off the bank switches!!! So it makes total sense now why I was getting the loop.  I had configured 2-2&3, and 3-3&2.  DOH! 

#203 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,780 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 6:32 PM

On 8K terminal Emulator cartridge programs, I believe Link (from Asgard) fit that description. . .

#204 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Sat Oct 6, 2018 7:31 PM

I've got that in my EPROM files.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users