Photo

Atari's DC graphic novels

4 replies to this topic

#1 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Moonsweeper

• 470 posts

Posted Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:36 PM

Are those DC Star Raiders and Warlords graphic novels worth the $10-15 and time to read them or will they make me sad and regretful?

#2 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• 306 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 PM

I'm not sure about those, but I really enjoyed the old DC comics that came with some of the 2600 games. I still have a few of them. :-D

After doing a bit of research on the ones you mentioned, I think the price is based on collectable value. As far as something to read, I'm not sure they would be worth the price. Keep in mind, that's just my opinion. Also, if you really just want to read them, I'm sure you can find free downloadable copies with a bit of google magic. :twisted:

#3 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Dragonstomper

• 540 posts

Posted Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:03 AM

If anyone is looking for a full run of atari force my comic shop has it. :D or did the last time I looked.

#4 Zwackery OFFLINE  

Zwackery

River Patroller

• 4,955 posts
  • Dr. Atari

Posted Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 AM

Are those DC Star Raiders and Warlords graphic novels worth the $10-15 and time to read them or will they make me sad and regretful?

I own them. I found them to be interesting. I think I only paid a couple of bucks each for mine.

#5 whisperingloon OFFLINE  

whisperingloon

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:24 PM

They are both really, really well done graphic novels. Personally, I wouldn't get buyer's remorse from $10-15 for each. More than that, maybe. But to me, $10-15 is a great price for a brand new GN off the shelf -- so even though it's higher than cover price for those books back then, it's still a decent price for a longer format read today.

I enjoyed them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users