IGNORED

Anyone want old used Atari floppies?

Xebec

I have 'inherited' a friends collection of Atari 8bit software. Some of the stuff I'm definitely keeping (i.e. some commercial disks, Antic disks, a few unique things, some blank/unused floppies) - but I have a growing pile of floppies that are used and are either going to best buy for recycling, or to another Atari person who might want them.

If you want any number of floppies with random software (.. "backed up" or otherwise) let me know. I don't mind paying a few bucks for shipping, as these might be going to a good home instead of just trash ultimately..

Just PM me with how many you want (i.e. don't ask for less than 20 :), or tell me you'll take them all).

For reference, I'm guessing most of these disks were formatted on an 810 or 1050 compatible format originally, but of course many disks are double sided / double density capable. I'll be sorted through these in the next week or two and can get them out after that..

EDIT: I can also ship with an old used plastic case - but would ask for some help on shipping then :).

Edited by Xebec

I would also lovingly accept a bunch! Even up to 50? Or more?, depending on interest from others I don't want an unfair share. I would pay for your shipping to Canada.

I can check/archive your disk contents to ATR first too, as I'm doing that for my own collection currently. Testing my own after with a format, most will fail. I like still copying ATR's to real disks so would be nice to have spares I go along.

Edited by Nezgar

I received a PM from someone here with 3,605 posts at 3:00 (very fast!) who wants them all. (Sounds like a true Atarian!)

I've sorted out a ton I know I am not keeping. I expect to have some more (20-50) in another week or so (not a lot) - so i'll work down the response list here depending on how things go. Thanks guys!

EDIT: I wish I had done this before. I recycled a ton of other floppies from my own collection previously.. although these disks were better kept than mine.

Edited by Xebec