IGNORED

WANTED: Feedback for Space Duel and Rip Off

Dauber

I'm looking for feedback for the next two episodes of the Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast (you can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or use this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/homebrew78 )

What are your thoughts on Space Duel? This game will be covered on Episode 14. Deadline is 11:59pm CDT on Wednesday, June 28.

And while we're at it, how 'bout Rip Off? That'll be episode 15. Deadline for this one will be 11:59pm CDT on Wednesday, July 12.

You can also e-mail text or audio to homebrew78 -at- fab4it -dot- com.

Comments are welcome any time, including after the deadlines; any feedback from after the deadlines will simply be addressed during a later episode. Mind you, my summers can really make my schedule weird, so these deadlines might be a little loose.

Rip off. The game is a frantic one or two player vector game. You kill the enemy tanks from ripping you off.

There are a few different enemies and the action gets faster till you finally get ripped off.

There are different strategies of camping on your stuff your trying to protect and shoot incoming tanks. Or shoot at the stuff your trying to protect as the tanks come in blast them. Or maybe roam around shooting and killing frantically.

If you are killed you better hope you respawn in time to stop them from taking out your junk.

My early cart has the two player glich that one of your player one buttons controlls player two movement and firing.

This was corrected on the newer carts after maybe the first 25 or so.

All in all it is a fun game to play with cool graphics. It one of those " no, no,Nooo!! Shit! You sob yell at the screen games. :P

• Like 1

Space Duel is great, even without the coveted tethered mode. We had the arcade game at home a few different times throughout the 80's and thought it was a great Asteroids variant of sorts. Super cool (and impressive) it was in full color too. The 7800 translation is as good as one can expect... plenty of classic shoot em up action to keep you coming back for more and more.

Even though I have the cart, Rip Off is a game I never spent a lot of time with - arcade, Vectrex or this port. What little I've played, fun little game for sure though.

• 1 month later...

I love Space Dual with a Starplex Controller. It's like having the arcade in my house. I find it hard to play any of the other asteroids versions in place of it. It's the cream of the crop, right up there with Space Rocks on the VCS