IGNORED

I just saw the game lineup for the newest genesis flashback.

coleco82

I am glad ATgames is finally taking steps towards something that is much better than their previous offerings. I hoped they would have not included the homebrew shovelware this time. Once again ATgames decides to put filler "fluff" over the quality games. I do really like the fact that they put master system and game gear games on this too. I just wish they left off the filler fluff so they could focus on the game selection a bit more. I do realize that licensing means no obvious choices spider-man, tmnt hyperstone heist, xmen 2 clone wars, etc.

Here is what it boils down to for me. This would make a superb xmas gift if ONLY someone can confirm they squashed all the audio bugs and get the newest flashback to sound exactly like a real genesis, IE correct pitch and tone etc. If ATgames cannot do this then simply contact steve snake and use his sound code for his excellent Kega Fusion emulator and viola, problem solved.

The SD and portable are substantially the same hardware as previous years. They'll have the "other" games. Look for an announcement about the "other" games - which will be different - on the HD unit soon. The HD unit also looks and sounds like it should.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad ATgames is finally taking steps towards something that is much better than their previous offerings. I hoped they would have not included the homebrew shovelware this time. Once again ATgames decides to put filler "fluff" over the quality games. I do really like the fact that they put master system and game gear games on this too. I just wish they left off the filler fluff so they could focus on the game selection a bit more. I do realize that licensing means no obvious choices spider-man, tmnt hyperstone heist, xmen 2 clone wars, etc. Here is what it boils down to for me. This would make a superb xmas gift if ONLY someone can confirm they squashed all the audio bugs and get the newest flashback to sound exactly like a real genesis, IE correct pitch and tone etc. If ATgames cannot do this then simply contact steve snake and use his sound code for his excellent Kega Fusion emulator and viola, problem solved.

I would stop worrying about those extra games. It isn't like those are the reason they keep off some gem classics. Pretty easy to ignore them on my handheld.

I would stop worrying about those extra games. It isn't like those are the reason they keep off some gem classics. Pretty easy to ignore them on my handheld.

I get what he means though. Would you rather have a bowl with just a handful of cherries in it or a bowl with a handful Cherries covered in dog shit just to fill up the bowl?

I get what he means though. Would you rather have a bowl with just a handful of cherries in it or a bowl with a handful Cherries covered in dog shit just to fill up the bowl?

That makes it sound as though the games ruin the normal ones, which isn't the case. I don't play them on my handheld. Some may be okay (if I would give them a shot) some may not. However, their existence on the handheld doesn't take away from the regular games I like.

I just dont see the point in complaining about that part, or not buying it due to that part. Them being gone will add nothing to the system.

I kind of get the sound thing, but in the same regards just go buy an actual system and track down the games they include. The price point has been okay with the amount of games they've included. Last time I saw one of the phantasy star games they cost almost the same price as the atgame system that has it on there with some other good ones.

As a general rule, I enjoy the Plug and Play systems. If nothing else, they make a great xmas gift or birthday gift.

LOL, because every genesis gamer loves to play "meatloaf rotation"

For the new genesis flashback they could just throw in the old genesis game Super Bowling, it's fun and better than fight or lose lol

As a general rule, I enjoy the Plug and Play systems. If nothing else, they make a great xmas gift or birthday gift.

LOL, because every genesis gamer loves to play "meatloaf rotation"

For the new genesis flashback they could just throw in the old genesis game Super Bowling, it's fun and better than fight or lose lol

I like the rotation of my Meatloaf album in my record player. :P don't think it's the same though...

LOL I was wondering if that was some kind of local phrase or idiom to you ... but no, "Meatloaf Rotation" is a game embedded on the AtGames systems. I've ignored them and never even noticed it was there.

Maybe it's because I'm an animal person, and don't notice all the dog poop in my bowl of cherries.

Maybe ATgames next fill in game will be man crossing street: extreme edition. Perhaps a Frisbee golf game ?

It would be neat to see a master system/game gear flashback, since they are almost the same thing anyways.

Grasping at straws here but I don't think a 32X flashback would do well, not enough games were released on the mushroom, let alone games you could license.

Now for wishful thinking, assuming Optical Drive Emulators catch on, A Sega Saturn flashback oh well...

We all know that Saturn games have been pricey for almost 20 years now, and its only going to get worse.

I am hopeful AtGames new "starting from scratch hardware plan" bears some fruit and they can continue to do well.As Kent Brockman would say "Those are my 2 cents."