IGNORED

Lets play a little game. Guess the cart.

Professor Gull

So I thought this would be fun.

I have 4 "unlabeled" Atari carts I will be checking later. I will upload pictures of the carts then small sound samples and then the final video of the game itself. I just thought it would be fun for all of us fanatics to take some guesses at what they are.

I will begin with makes of the carts.

1 Apollo

1 Parker Brothers

1 Activision

1 Atari

Let the games begin.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since gull has abandoned this thread- I had a similar experience recently. Went to the local retro game store in the next town, and the kid there has a big plastic tub full of Atari commons to sift through for $2 each.

I spied two naked Activision carts, and took a gamble on them- and it was good!

I got Dolphin and Pressure Cooker! Two very good, late-era Activision 2600 games that are fairly rare to find in the wild.

I also picked up a Phoenix, Vanguard, and the rare "Raiders Lost Ark" label variation with the Raiders movie logo in the front instead of the regular text one - all for $2.00 each. He's a bit younger and doesn't study Atari pricing as much as he does NES and Sega pricing, where he charges ridiculous eBay BIN prices for commons.

I also picked up a clean, 100% working Coleco Gemini with both controllers and power supply and 10 games for $50. Not a bad haul.

He also has a Goldstar 3DO I have my eye on.

Edited by DrSidneyZweibel
  • Like 2

Since gull has abandoned this thread- I had a similar experience recently. Went to the local retro game store in the next town, and the kid there has a big plastic tub full of Atari commons to sift through for $2 each.

I spied two naked Activision carts, and took a gamble on them- and it was good!

I got Dolphin and Pressure Cooker! Two very good, late-era Activision 2600 games that are fairly rare to find in the wild.

I also picked up a Phoenix, Vanguard, and the rare "Raiders Lost Ark" label variation with the Raiders movie logo in the front instead of the regular text one - all for $2.00 each. He's a bit younger and doesn't study Atari pricing as much as he does NES and Sega pricing, where he charges ridiculous eBay BIN prices for commons.

I also picked up a clean, 100% working Coleco Gemini with both controllers and power supply and 10 games for $50. Not a bad haul.

He also has a Goldstar 3DO I have my eye on.

Not abandoned just had to figure out how to do the finale. Next post reveals all.

• Like 1

Ahh, yes... the mystery cart game. Especially fun when they're unknown prototypes or extremely rare!

In the mid 90's, a coworker learned I was into Atari and wanted to see if I could identify this game he had (that he loved), but didn't know the name of since the label was gone. Was a Parker Bros. game and upon boot-up and a few seconds of playing, I immediately recognized it as Montezumas Revenge. Funny thing is... wasn't even aware that had been made for the 2600 at_that_time, so I was really shocked and surprised! Wasn't until a little later before lists of games and manufacturers of VCS games started popping up on the internet and that's when I learned of its rarity.

• Like 1