Photo

T.r.a.s.h. WIP

143 replies to this topic

#126 chavert OFFLINE  

chavert

Moonsweeper

• 282 posts

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:26 AM

I' am going to do again a little part for fun :)

#127 Tidus79001 OFFLINE  

Tidus79001

Star Raider

• 119 posts
  • I will not comply

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 AM

This game has very well done graphics that look manage to look amazing in spite of the limited technical capabilities of the Atari 2600.  I always enjoy seeing the clever techniques that programmers have used to pushed the envelope on Atari 2600 games.

#128 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 AM

I' am going to do again a little part for fun :)

hehe excellent. I hope you enjoyed the second run. Sorry mate, I been busy moving into another house lol, I thought I replied to you : /  my bad dude 

This game has very well done graphics that look manage to look amazing in spite of the limited technical capabilities of the Atari 2600.  I always enjoy seeing the clever techniques that programmers have used to pushed the envelope on Atari 2600 games.

Hey Thanks Tidus! I always appreciate kind words about the sprites. I am proud of them :) I put more energy and thought into them than the programming side(because I have no idea what i'm doing) lol. Next I can hopefully incorporate one of those cool graphic title screens everyone has, with more detail?. Probably the next task for the coming cold winter months lol. 

#129 chavert OFFLINE  

chavert

Moonsweeper

• 282 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 AM

Yes, it was funny and i even found the building where "junky munkey" was hidden : behind a brick wall. :)

#130 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 AM

Yes, it was funny and i even found the building where "junky munkey" was hidden : behind a brick wall. :)

lol yup that's where he hangs out!

#131 MissCommand OFFLINE  

MissCommand

Space Invader

• 38 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 AM

My only request would be if you continue developing (and I hope you do, I have enjoyed playing it), is the world be repeatable. Meaning as you switch between screens, when you reverse, the same screen is there.

When you are inside the building, is it endless?

#132 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 PM

My only request would be if you continue developing (and I hope you do, I have enjoyed playing it), is the world be repeatable. Meaning as you switch between screens, when you reverse, the same screen is there.

When you are inside the building, is it endless?

i think someone else said same, cant remember who hmm. I guess I could but it was intended to be endless. 
Although, I have toyed with the idea of, the city still randomizes, but once the screen generates, it stays same.. But each game would be different because its still random. 
But yeah, everything works off the generator, so much would have to be redone. Unless I can find a couple vars to hold the info. who knows! :-o 
I guess kinda what you mean?

#133 Jinroh OFFLINE  

Jinroh

Dragonstomper

• 597 posts
  • Catgirl Maid Lover

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 AM

Your new boss looks badass man! :D

Sorry I'm so behiiiind! I need to catch up, cuz I love this T.R.A.S.H. :D

#134 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:58 PM

Your new boss looks badass man! :D

Sorry I'm so behiiiind! I need to catch up, cuz I love this T.R.A.S.H. :D

Thanks! Dr. Junkhead is a total badass. This whole mess is his fault! lol

Nah, no worries man, we all got life... things... haha I havent been checking up on games either. Hows carrot kingdom going?? Almost finished?

#135 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Spent the afternoon till now reading, playing, learning about the cool titlescreen kernals. I was pretty excited because they are fairly simple to tie into the code, but only now I thought to look how much rom space it eats up. It seems to eat up ALOT of the last bank?  :( So, now i'm sad, I cannot afford what's needed for crazy titlescreen in the last bank. Should have guessed :P

Edited by WizardBone, Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 PM.

#136 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:39 PM

I'm pretty sure you can put it in bank 7 by itself. I had used the title screen on sword of Iffrit but took it out for better play on the portable

#137 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:51 PM

I'm pretty sure you can put it in bank 7 by itself. I had used the title screen on sword of Iffrit but took it out for better play on the portable

THANKS, gonna try that later. Interesting point you bring up, it doesn't work on portable?

#138 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 814 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 PM

THANKS, gonna try that later. Interesting point you bring up, it doesn't work on portable?

Works fine on the AFP, except for the scoring error at bottom of the screen.

#139 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 PM

Works fine on the AFP, except for the scoring error at bottom of the screen.

So on portable, I assume the score will work normal again after the titlescreen? if so, not a problem, I had planned on taking out the score on the titlescreen anyway. 

Second reply, I put it in bank 7, but bank 8 still gets eaten alive lol hmmmmm

#140 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 PM

I was using the title screen kernel and the picture and text were messed up on the portable don't think the score was even on. Unless someone came up with a fix then I assume it's still broken. Also I had no code in bank 8 I think all the graphics accumulate in that bank.

Edited by ultima, Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 PM.

#141 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 814 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 PM

So on portable, I assume the score will work normal again after the titlescreen? if so, not a problem, I had planned on taking out the score on the titlescreen anyway. 

It starts off with a score of "030000" for some reason everytime. I think its a common error with bB games played on the AFP.

#142 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 AM

Also I had no code in bank 8 I think all the graphics accumulate in that bank.

Yeah, thats where my issue comes from. Graphics accumulate in whichever last bank, and so does the titlescreen "info" for me. Even when put titlescreen in bank 7, bank 8 still eats up like 2000k. It's as if it requires almost two banks, a free bank whereever, and half of the last bank for it's graphics lol crazy. Can't have both it seems. 

It starts off with a score of "030000" for some reason everytime. I think its a common error with bB games played on the AFP.

man I need to stop slacking and buy stuff for physical testing lol, that kinda stuff freaks me out haha

#143 kdgarris OFFLINE  

kdgarris

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:46 AM

It's not the titlescreen kernel that is taking up extra space in the last bank, but the display kernel.  bB puts the display kernel in the last bank, along with graphics.

#144 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 113 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

It's not the titlescreen kernel that is taking up extra space in the last bank, but the display kernel.  bB puts the display kernel in the last bank, along with graphics.

OOOOH, well that makes sense yes. It's a kind of a shame that bB has to put it in the last bank. I love how they look for titlescreens. 
Last few nights i've been bangin my head on the wall trying to figure out what else I can do with the game lol It would have to be within the script only, because of graphics and such - No space.
I turned er' up to 32k and just look at it with a blank stare, anything I can think of wouldn't enhance the game.
Developer block? 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users