IGNORED

Can the Adam use expansion module 1

bradhig1

Yes is the easy answer and is correct, but depending on what version of the Adam you are using will determine if you get LOW VOLUME output...

- the Expansion Module #3 that connects to a ColecoVision will output sound correctly in it's unmodified state. If your CV is modded for Composite video output you might have the LOW VOLUME output issue due to incorrectly tapping into the sound output by the person who performed the mod.

- the Stand-Alone Adam as shipped by Coleco incorrectly tapped into the sound and you will experience LOW VOLUME output with the E.M.#1 as well as Opcode SGM. The wiring that taps into the sound has to be corrected by connecting it to the CAP at C88 for proper sound output.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that if you ever decided to the F18A upgrade you would lose video from the expansion module 1. Composite outputs have been done to this module if one wanted both to function together.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what would happen if you could plug the ADAM expansion into a stand alone ADAM ad infinitum

That's been asked before and Kramer (above) answered this perfectly... his mind is blown as well as, probably, both ADAM Memory Consoles. I wouldn't try this unless you have a lot of extra systems and don't mind the risk.

Orrrr...

• Like 2

I was tongue in cheek with my question....

Some guy tried to duplicate the bart mega-phone challenge in a youtube video. Truth is most megaphones have low decibel ranges for distortion. A lot of them can't even handle you yelling into them without garbled distortion coming out. The feedback was much louder than the actual amplified voice. I often find the same at bus/train/airport stations. You would need super high tech high fidelity mega-phones to remotely approximate the cartoon effect. I assume the analogy for the adam would be power limitations...or a fire.