IGNORED

Anyone have a cart of Super Burnout to sell to me ?

AtariBrian

I wish this site was even vaguely usable.

I've never had a problem using it. I read it, then I email with what I want to order. Then Bradley responds to me, I pay him and the items arrive. What part of that process is confusing and how can we help you figure out how to use a website?

• Like 2

I've never had a problem using it. I read it, then I email with what I want to order. Then Bradley responds to me, I pay him and the items arrive. What part of that process is confusing and how can we help you figure out how to use a website?

You or they could incorporate an actual check-out for starters! Then you could give a better section display. Looking at an entire screen of text is just annoying. Descriptions should be just that, it is very poorly designed to have everything jumbled all together. A simple picture and price is all that is needed and then when you click it, that is when the description should be there.

I ordered once from them and while it was not hard it certainly was not convenient at all. I think I had to call him on the phone and give my CC# which nobody likes to do.

The search on that site is painful to look at and it has zero thumbnails to assist when looking for parts in the index section.

• Like 1

If you're buying Atari Jaguar games in 2017, it makes a lot of sense to do so from a site that was designed in 1995.

I'd be a lot more comfortable giving a credit card over the phone than to a page designed and implemented by the kind of shop that has pages like this.

Even with a prettier front page, it would still have the same people fulfilling orders, with access to your shipping and billing info.

If I were looking for a Super Burnout cartridge, I'd be glad to have this store as an option.

• Like 2

I have had alot of issues with items not being in stock. I wouldn't even bother using the site to hunt for items anymore. I found its alot easier to just call and ask them if they have an item in stock and how much. They are good on shipping times but don't expect any tracking info.

Honestly, what are you guys expecting from a one man shop who is the only source for a lot of these items? Do you want him to photograph thousands of parts? It's probably better if you go on EBay and pay 4-5x as much just so you can get a picture.

• Like 2

That looks like it would be fun to look through. Catalog page

I wish there were an electronic version of it, though. This is not my speed

US Postal Money order made out to Best Electronics is the best payment method. Any other form of payments, like a personal check, other type or brands of Money Orders or Casher's checks can take up to a month or more to clear thru our Atari Accounting department and that Best all Atari Catalog order released to our Atari shipping department. We simply do not receive very many Personal Checks, other brand of Money orders or Cashiers Checks for Atari Mail order payments any more. So we are very lucky to do a once a month or less bank deposit of any personal checks or money order Atari Mail order payments. We go to the US Post Office almost 6 days a week here.

It's a shame he doesn't provide a PDF version for download. Paper catalogs are nice and retro, but expensive to get for those who don't live in the United States.

Heh, I had this page open in a tab when I responded and missed that you said the same thing.

I found this on Archive.org, which is perfect for my flip-through-needs. I'm not buying anything but I like to browse. :)

https://archive.org/details/BestElectronicsOldCatalog

It's a 341MB download if you want it offline!

• Like 2

You can use Paypal to order the catalog.

Tip: Not every page on the Best website is up to date. Either email him or pick up and call rather than just assuming you need to send a money order.

Indeed, he prefers getting your CC# over the phone. DO NOT EMAIL IT TO HIM! Consider that a fair warning...

I just want to touch up on the CC# thing a bit more. When I first came to this site I knew nothing of best electronics and have never purchased from him and I'll be honest here I went off "faith" of members here to purchase from him and I did. However if I stumbled across his site at Random there is no way I would have handed some random person I knew nothing about my CC#.

I generally as many other people generally will not buy w/out using paypal for transactions like that. Just think how many people click his site just to leave because they do not feel comfortable and have no idea whom he is.

So here in this community it seems like a no brainer to purchase from him the way he currently deals but I would bet he would make more sales if he had a better check-out method.

• Like 1

I just want to touch up on the CC# thing a bit more. When I first came to this site I knew nothing of best electronics and have never purchased from him and I'll be honest here I went off "faith" of members here to purchase from him and I did. However if I stumbled across his site at Random there is no way I would have handed some random person I knew nothing about my CC#.

I generally as many other people generally will not buy w/out using paypal for transactions like that. Just think how many people click his site just to leave because they do not feel comfortable and have no idea whom he is.

So here in this community it seems like a no brainer to purchase from him the way he currently deals but I would bet he would make more sales if he had a better check-out method.

Considering he has a non-replenishing supply of stock and is essentially a one man operation now, I think he's happy with the current arrangement.

• Like 4

I can't believe this is still continuing, but you're telling me there are people who think his entire website with all the listed products, customer feedback, etc is fake and is a means to scam people out of their credit card numbers? Because if people are afraid to do business with him, that has to be what they're thinking.

I've been buying from him for years and have always used PayPal. He also accepts Google wallet.

Anyway, this is the Jag forum so it makes sense that this is all so confusing.

Edit: To Sauron's point, I'm sure Bradley is up there in years now and investing in a new website with a fancy shopping cart and all that is likely more trouble than it's worth for him. Don't like it? Don't buy from him, it's pretty simple.

Edit: To Sauron's point, I'm sure Bradley is up there in years now and investing in a new website with a fancy shopping cart and all that is likely more trouble than it's worth for him. Don't like it? Don't buy from him, it's pretty simple.

That was pretty much my point in what I said. When dealing with him, it's his way or the highway. If it works for him, then he won't ever see the need to change.

Several people have offered to help Brad set up a professional website with a proper cart and inventory management. The assistance has always been declined and I don't see that ever changing. This works for Brad and I know that he's not exactly hurting for sales and customers.

This comes up in the a8 forum on a regular basis with about a 50/50 split of Brad is the best and Brad is the worst and his website sucks.

Yes the website is difficult to navigate and having the catalog is good. However a vast majority of the catalog is completely sold out (an addendum is updated regularly on the website) - so you have two options really. Send an email listing what you want and how you want to pay and Brad will send you an invoice, alternatively call him and use your cc# over the phone.

This isn't going to change so we can all sit here and bitch and complain and suggest how he should run his business and offer ways that the website can be updated, but ultimately it's a waste of time. Either order or go elsewhere. Just remember Brad has items that no one else has.

The same goes for Bruce at myatari/b&c - although he does sell some of his items on eBay.

These guys have some of the last remaining large stocks of Atari inventory and have been an integral part of the Atari landscape for years.

• Like 7

That site works fine for me! I was able to call and speak with them to confirm what they had. Then sent an email to them as directed with what I wanted and my address. Brad replied within 30 minutes with my cost and shipping/insurance and advised to sent payment to their account and copy/paste the order info from the email he sent me back (showing the prices and shipping). I did this last week and got my games within 3 days of ordering. Great service!

I wish that they had more selection on games tho. There were only 2 of the ones they had that I didn't already have

Edited by UHATEIT