IGNORED

playstation 1 slim audio but no video

Have you tried wiggling the AV cord at the ps1 when you have it connected to the TV? Try that and see if you get anything. Also do you have both audio cables hooked up left and right?

I am trying to think why you have sound on the LCD but not on your TV, but I am thinking it might be because there is no video and your TV won't do anything on the input if no video signal depending on what type of TV it is but I could be wrong, it could be something loose in the connections. Try different TVs.

We know though that the audio is good on the PS1 side. Do you have an oscilloscope perhaps? Maybe something going on inside the unit causing you to have no video signal. Here is a pinout you can look at.

http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm

I don't think cables would help, the PS One LCD ramps straight into the device itself and then is screwed into the back of the system (I have one on my desk here.)

I think the problem here is the port or something jacked up otherwise inside that some cable swap isn't going to fix.

I don't think cables would help, the PS One LCD ramps straight into the device itself and then is screwed into the back of the system (I have one on my desk here.)

I think the problem here is the port or something jacked up otherwise inside that some cable swap isn't going to fix.

Reason I was thinking that is because he had audio on the LCD addon but no audio through the TV, thought it may be possibility of him having a bad cable as well. However you are probably right because I got to thinking some of the newer TVs might not play audio on an input if there is no video signal, not sure.

Oh I know, it just crossed my mind when I figured out he had been trying the LCD and then the other comment about both, it couldn't just be a simple cable issue as it wouldn't add up. It's internal and given how cheap they are to replace anyway, especially loose if you don't need the wiring and controller, it's probably best just to replace than repair unless it's something really really simple like a blown solder point that's obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you wanted to keep as many consoles out of landfills as possible.

I never said that. But sometimes its cheaper than wasting time and energy on solder and other parts to fix it. 30 is not bad. Resell the 2 controllers and cord for 15 or 20 and it not bad. Only 10 for the replacement console. Cheaper than trying to fix it.

• Like 1

I got another psone slim today and had to swap the boards because the cd lid was broken.. The new one won't load games it just goes to the memory card ,cd player screen. Any ideas on how to fix it? I am sick of lying sellers on Ebay. If there are issues with a console then say so.

Disc spins but it goes to the memory card ,cd screen. Won't even play audio cds. I think the laser is bad. Head cleaner didn't help. Anyone know where I can find a replacement laser. I can't use the one from my one playstation one because the ribbon cable ripped when I was putting it in the bad case.

Shame you wrecked the first, I'd demand a return/refund on it since they lied in the description. Unless it was sold as parts, they have no come back with a dispute.

They didn't lie I didn't read it all the way through. I know the disc spins and it tries to read it. I used a lens cleaner disc and it still doesn't read.

Sorry mate, looks dead.Try a PS, PSone, or PS2 from amazon as those are cheap there for one in working condition (tho $10 is outta my price range lol). And ALWAY, and i mean ALWAYS read the FULL description, for your own good.