IGNORED

Miner 2049er impossible

atari2600land

I can't clear the first screen in Miner 2049er. I get all the way to the top and then the time runs out and I die, leaving me no way to clear that top ledge. Who is the idiot that put the time limit in there anyway? Is there some way I can gain time or something? Or do I just suck at the game and need to practice more?

Yes, you just suck <grin>...but really, just practice. It will come to you. Miner 2049er is a very difficult game...just wait until you get to Level 2, etc... Each one gets harder.

I can't clear the first screen in Miner 2049er. I get all the way to the top and then the time runs out and I die, leaving me no way to clear that top ledge. Who is the idiot that put the time limit in there anyway? Is there some way I can gain time or something? Or do I just suck at the game and need to practice more?

Some of these games take s lot of patience. In some ways I don't know how the skill comes over time, but it does. I just started Laser Blaster for the 2600 this week as part of the summer patch competition and I can't imagine anyone getting over 10,000, let alone the 100,000 needed for the first patch.

I was confused because 1st screen is usually pretty simple. So I just booted up the Colecovision version. I see it runs a little too fast compared to what I'm used to and doesn't really give a whole lot of time. If it gets too frustrating try a different version?

There's plenty of time, the video proves it.

Not as much compared to what I'm used to. I finished the 1st screen of the CV version with 700 left on the timer, and I did the same on the Atari 8-bit version with 1700 left. That's without much screwing around on either. So if you waste any time, the CV version is less forgiving.