RXB2015 on P-GRAM+ (finally)

5 replies to this topic

#1 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• 203 posts

Posted Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:49 AM

Hi All,

If anyone wants RXB2015 for their P-GRAM+ just download the attached disk image.  Finally cracked the code.  Not being able to load it into the P-GRAM+ has been a nagging problem - recently, I made a RXB cart.  Was tinkering with the P-GRAM+ software and thought - hmmm... wonder if I can just dump the cart?  

And it worked!   :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Attached Files

Edited by aftyde, Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:49 AM.

#2 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 2,638 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:25 AM

I give you the Source and PGRAM  files so do not understand why those do not work for yours?

It works fine for my TI99/4A with PGRAM?

#3 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 203 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:23 AM

I remember, I think that was v5.55 which (even at the time) was a bit dated. If you have seven files I can load into mine for the latest version - I'd love to try it out. 

I give you the Source and PGRAM  files so do not understand why those do not work for yours?

It works fine for my TI99/4A with PGRAM?

#4 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 2,638 posts

Posted Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:33 PM

RXB GRAM is the folder, I use Ti99Dir to convert them to TI only files and PC99 WRITE to send from PC to TI99/4A.

Attached Files

Edited by RXB, Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:33 PM.

#5 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 203 posts

Posted Tue Jul 4, 2017 9:07 PM

Hi Rich,

Gave it another go with markedly different results.  They just loaded!  Had to rename the files for the P-GRAM+ but it worked.  I'm wondering if the problems I was having before might be a result of the card hardware.  I recently fried the card, and Marc Hull was generous enough to take a look at it.  Other than some cooked voltage regulators / card support chips he noticed a non-standard part (some sort of memory chip) and replaced it with the one actually intended for the card.

Now the card did work before - mostly, as well as any other piece of 30 year old tech... :)  

The RXB2015 version in the zip, is that the most recent?

I have noticed an interesting bug.  In RXB's EA - the [D]irectory function works well with DSK and WDS (except hard disk size is represented as an exponent), but not at all with HDX.  Seems true of the copy I have on the cart, the version I dumped from the cart to the PGRAM, and the version you just sent which I loaded directly into the PGRAM.

Still pretty awesome - my 8 year old son is learning to program in BASIC using RXB!  :)

Cheers, Arthur...

#6 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 2,638 posts

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:36 AM

Hi Rich,

Gave it another go with markedly different results.  They just loaded!  Had to rename the files for the P-GRAM+ but it worked.  I'm wondering if the problems I was having before might be a result of the card hardware.  I recently fried the card, and Marc Hull was generous enough to take a look at it.  Other than some cooked voltage regulators / card support chips he noticed a non-standard part (some sort of memory chip) and replaced it with the one actually intended for the card.

Now the card did work before - mostly, as well as any other piece of 30 year old tech... :)

The RXB2015 version in the zip, is that the most recent?

I have noticed an interesting bug.  In RXB's EA - the [D]irectory function works well with DSK and WDS (except hard disk size is represented as an exponent), but not at all with HDX.  Seems true of the copy I have on the cart, the version I dumped from the cart to the PGRAM, and the version you just sent which I loaded directly into the PGRAM.

Still pretty awesome - my 8 year old son is learning to program in BASIC using RXB!   :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Yea I need to fix this will make a note to fix it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users