IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Weeks 24/25 = More Fun With Alliteration!

S.BAZ

I will also agree with at least one other in this forum that Cosmic Creeps is veritable shovelware.

I have to admit I've always sort of liked Cosmic Creeps and most of the other Telesys games. They may not be the greatest games out there, but someone appears to have at least put some effort into trying to make a quality game, unlike say Data Age or Apollo.

• Like 1

I have to admit I've always sort of liked Cosmic Creeps and most of the other Telesys games. They may not be the greatest games out there, but someone appears to have at least put some effort into trying to make a quality game, unlike say Data Age or Apollo.

I'm probably being over-critical of Cosmic Creeps because I'm not very good at it. I do have to admit the backstory and object of the game is very inventive (and strange) and the action is non-stop. It's weird, but I suppose that's part of the charm of these old-school Atari games.

• Like 1

Cosmic Creeps - 26,700

Crazy Climber - 56,400

Cosmic Commuter - 248

Can anyone tell me why I can't land after picking up all the cosmic commuters? I get to the landing pod and the ship just keeps going back and forth over the landing area, but never lands.

post-26187-0-16273200-1499374375_thumb.jpg

post-26187-0-33979900-1499374459_thumb.jpg

post-26187-0-63945100-1499374508_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me why I can't land after picking up all the cosmic commuters? I get to the landing pod and the ship just keeps going back and forth over the landing area, but never lands.

You have to pick up all of the commuters on the level (or have them all get impatient and leave) before you return to the landing pod. If you lose a life after picking them all up, you have to pick up the one the game gives you when you restart the level before you can launch.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

I am happy to have had further improvement in three of the games. I could not bring myself to play Cosmic Creeps this morning. I haven't given up on it yet though. I hope to bring up my score on that one too.

Cosmic Commuter: 82061

Crazy Climber: 95300

Bonus (Copter Commander): 1184

post-47498-0-64125600-1499427038_thumb.jpeg

post-47498-0-34232800-1499427072_thumb.jpeg

post-47498-0-32892400-1499427102_thumb.jpeg

I gave a good effort to Cosmic Creeps in the wee hours of the morning today, but failed to improve my score. It may not be worth the label "shovelware" but it it nonetheless a game that brings me little if no pleasure. I probably will not play it again during this contest cycle. However, Cosmic Commuter is OK. For some reason my particular gaming skillset works with this one. I'm not great, but I'm pretty OK at this one. I managed to bring up my score a little more. I may not have time to play these games again until this next Thursday and Friday, so this will probably be my last update until then - and if I fail to further improve on Commuter, Climber, or Commander it will be my last until the Week 25.

Cosmic Commuter: 89251

post-47498-0-22659200-1499507905_thumb.jpeg

Vocelli:

Crazy Climber: 314200

Could have beaten my old score but I CHOKED on building 5 (which is building 1 redone).

Cosmic Creeps: 13600

Question: Is it game over if I hit my own dude with a blast when he is being followed by the Creeps?

post-28484-0-17561200-1499540596_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-32833500-1499540606_thumb.jpg

Vocelli:

Cosmic Creeps: 13600

Question: Is it game over if I hit my own dude with a blast when he is being followed by the Creeps?

No, it only ends if you cant get 5000 pts per level before the time runs out, or if you let a creep through

Awesome score on crazy climbers btw!!