IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 10 Round 11 Qix

zylon

In round 11, we feature probably the only decent puzzle game originally released for 5200- QIX. Play on setting of Skilled. Emulation is allowed, as are custom controls. Pics Preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, July 16th 2017 @9pm EST

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point! (been happening a lot lately)

Qix - (Skilled)
darthkur 477,241
Final scores:
393,085 Northcoastgamer +11
378,464 peedenmark7 +10
210,444 sdamon +9
138,071 RangerG +8
84,599 zylon +7
51,666 oyamafamily +6
44,151 jblenkle +5

Qix.BIN

Edited by zylon

Which do you think is better for this one: the stock analog controller or a digital alternative?

I don't have one to try other than the A8 version, but that one only has one fire button.

Any help out there? The * key is supposed to select the level, but nothing I do on any of the emulators I've tried is getting that key to select the level.

On Altirra Emulator for Windows PC, I pressed F4 (Reset Game) key to enter the QIX options screen (skill level and number of players).

To play Atari 5200 games, I use ALTIRRA mostly (F2 is Start Game, F3 is Pause and F4 is Reset).

Edited by oyamafamily

Thanks! That worked! Could of swore I tried all the function keys, but I guess not.

On Altirra Emulator for Windows PC, I pressed F4 (Reset Game) key to enter the QIX options screen (skill level and number of players).

To play Atari 5200 games, I use ALTIRRA mostly (F2 is Start Game, F3 is Pause and F4 is Reset).

Which do you think is better for this one: the stock analog controller or a digital alternative?

The stock controller gives you more control over your patterns especially when in tight qtrs. the 2 buttons on one side of it is also better for fending off your adversary. I find that a comp pro stick is a bit tough to control.

Some tight competition at the top, but Northcoastgamer's 2nd effort brought home the win. :thumbsup: Thanks to all who played and our next round will begin shortly. Standings also updated soon.

Final scores:
393,085 Northcoastgamer +11
378,464 peedenmark7 +10
210,444 sdamon +9
138,071 RangerG +8
84,599 zylon +7
51,666 oyamafamily +6
44,151 jblenkle +5