Announcing the release of Dig Dug 35th Anniversary Edition to the AtariAge community!
This hack started as a graphics update to a fine hack known as Dig Dug Arcade.
What I changed:
1) All of Dig Dug's animation frames.
2) All of the animation frames for the falling rock.
3) All of the fruit/vegetable bonus items.
Things that I'd still like to see done with the hack (but are beyond my capabilities):
1) Static (unloosened) rocks using the first frame of the falling rock animation instead of the ball sprite.
2) Terrain (strata) divisions made wavy instead of straight.
3) Terrain having a dotted pattern instead of lined.
4) Tops of some of the fruit/vegetable bonuses (carrot, turnip, tomato, pineapple) made a different color than the main body.
5) The mushroom and garlic bonus items changed to colors that better match the arcade.
6) The "8" in the "© Namco 1982" on the title screen made to look more like an 8 (I'd fix this one myself but I can't seem to find it when viewing the rom graphics in Hack-O-Matic).
Please enjoy and Happy Birthday to both America and Dig Dug!