IGNORED

Commodore fans: Check out this boxed unit!

Neato boxed Commodore. My experience with these would barely fill a thimble. Box, unit, cords, etc. seem to be in pretty fair shape, considering, eh? Unfortunately, because it's been kicking around so many familial closets for so many years, it should be considered 'untested/nonfunctioning'. :(

I read something about Commodores and failing/bad chips. Hell, it could be a top-runner and blow your socks off, but I wouldn't count on it after all these years in storage.

Still, some viable components for the fan/tinkerer, yeah?

post-61233-0-05238700-1499197533_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-53197800-1499197595_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-62474400-1499197611_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-46791700-1499197624_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-82068200-1499197656_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-26659200-1499197638_thumb.jpg

There is also a personal-looking handwritten label on the front flap....any interest in seeing it?

I agree with Spacecadet. A rather standard C64 breadbin in a somewhat worn box, far from perfect collectors grade. Is it yours from many decades ago, did you just buy it or is this some attempt to attract interest for an upcoming sale? Since you mention untested, it might be DOA or become DOA any time soon. The #1 chip to fail in those breadbins is the PLA chip that will just result in a black screen. There are a handful different replacement options for that chip, but I'm not sure if this is the place to start discussing the options in detail.

Uh... what am I looking at here? It appears to be a common boxed C64.

Looks like you just answered your own question.

I agree with Spacecadet. A rather standard C64 breadbin in a somewhat worn box, far from perfect collectors grade. Is it yours from many decades ago, did you just buy it or is this some attempt to attract interest for an upcoming sale? Since you mention untested, it might be DOA or become DOA any time soon. The #1 chip to fail in those breadbins is the PLA chip that will just result in a black screen. There are a handful different replacement options for that chip, but I'm not sure if this is the place to start discussing the options in detail.

"Collectors grade"? Obviously not, was just a simple photo spread. (The sort of thing that often draws odd/negative attention around here, for whatever reasons, lol.) Yeah, I assume that it's probably DOA, but also thinking that someone might get SOME usage out of what's present - maybe someone is needing a box or a cord for their unit, or perhaps someone would care to repair it and/or salvage the plastic housing or other bits? I'd really just rather be rid of it, having lugged it around all these years.

Not really interested in selling it, there is something that just doesn't sit right with me about that, but I'd certainly swap it for some stuff. I just couldn't stand to toss it away, and shipping this beast - properly, with adequate padding and all - might just override the thing's actual value. :(

I couldn't give a rat's ass less about vintage computer stuff, but at the same time I've been at this long enough to know that one should never throw ANYthing of this nature in the trash.....that nagging "someone could have used/got enjoyment from that!!" always get me, sigh.

Fair enough. I got a strong sense of "W@W L@@K R4RE" from your first post

No, lol, certainly not. Maybe a bit of "HEY, look, the housing is in great shape and looks to have been cared for, neat!", but certainly nothing 'rare'.

Sweden, eh? Maybe we could do some business in the future....I'm all about certain candies/convenience foods/etc. I really enjoy those packaged dip mixes, but don't remember if they are Swedish or Norwegian, heh.