IGNORED

Wanted: Indus-GT RAMCharger DOSXL 2.35i2.ATR

Kyle22

I have been looking for the DOS-XL disk for the Indus RAMCharger. I can't find it. Gooble was no help...

One piece of advice, if you have RAM in your Indus, make sure there is a good insulator between the board and that drive mounting screw that sticks out. Mine (over time) developed an H0 error (Hardware). I folded a piece of heavy paper and put in between. Problem solved.

Any and all versions of any Indus stuff would be appreciated. I want to tweak SuperSync again. :)

Thanks in advance.

:)

Edit: Gooble was NOT a typo.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 5

I have been looking for the DOS-XL disk for the Indus RAMCharger. I can't find it. Gooble was no help...

One piece of advice, if you have RAM in your Indus, make sure there is a good insulator between the board and that drive mounting screw that sticks out. Mine (over time) developed an H0 error (Hardware). I folded a piece of heavy paper and put in between. Problem solved.

Any and all versions of any Indus stuff would be appreciated. I want to tweak SuperSync again. :)

Thanks in advance.

Dead-on advice (the insulation). Mine there, since the very first install (noticed the risk, right-away).

I remember a ram-charger DOSXL disk (or files) that worked well, publically available... Not sure what the differences are with respect the .ATR you are looking for...

It's always great to hear / read about IndusGT "perks".. 8-)

• Like 2

Thanks in advance.

I just created this ATR directly from the original Indus GT System Master Diskette DOS XL that came with my drive.

I don't think it has anything called RAMCharger though.

-Eric

IndusXL.ATR

• Like 1

While I was at it I made an ATR image off of the GT Estate Word Processor disk that came with the Indus GT drive also. Seems to all be intact and works fine.

I also made an ATR image of the GT Albert E. Spread Sheet disk, but looks like this disk has issues. There were several read errors during the image copy and the ATR doesn't work. I went back and tried loading the actual physical source disk and it doesn't work either.

Uploading it here anyway.

-Eric

GTWORD.ATR

GTSPREAD.ATR

• Like 1

Does the RAMCharger add track buffering?

I added an ATR of my "OSS DOS XL - ATARI version 2.35I2" disk that I have (without a matching drive) in a previous thread where where I inspected the interesting SKEW on the real physical disk, and listed out all the different skews that the formatter utility written in BASIC will do.

The physical disk uses a standard Atari 9:1 skew on tracks 0-3, and then a 4:1 skew on tracks 4-39.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/104585-another-interesting-speed-comparison/?p=3759949

• Like 2

Fired-up my RAMcharger INDUS, with my own DOS disks, just curious about the actual DOS version, sizes, as well as content of the images posted here (which I took as samples).

I immediately noticed the missing INITSYNC, RAM130 and other stuff (CMPTOOL) that actually come with these disks (not present on most of the links posted here)... There are two versions of Synchromesh ("Synchromesh" and "Super Synchromesh"). Track buffering seems to be enabled with the latter one, as you see a "bF" code on the Indus display, after loading and any regular operation.

Most importantly, I also remembered the place where I got all my stuff... Look no further (it's all here and complete, as it should):

http://trub.atari8.info/index.php?ref=cpm_en

http://www.retrobits.net/atari/indus.shtml(extracted from above resource).

Follow the links for a complete set of pretty much all images, as well as CP/M boot instructions, right from the drive.

Cheers!

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1