IGNORED

Irata Jaguar for Android devices

Jess Ragan

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/32825-iratajaguar-new-awesome-atari-jaguar-emulator/

I just saw this when I fired up my Android TV for the first time in a month. It's a Jaguar emulator, believe it or not, and it seems to be getting positive reviews from those who've tried it. It requires a pretty powerful Android device, though, so don't go in with high hopes unless you've got incredible hardware.

• Like 3

I'm tempted, but I'd like to see someone for $5 be the guinea pig.

I've got the Nvidia Shield Tablet.

NVIDIA Tegra K1 A9 @ 2.2ghz

2 GB SYSTEM RAM

I never was a big fan but that said whenever I found a kiosk or someone with it I had fun with the likes of Defender, Tempest and Alien vs Predator, and defacto DOOM since it was straight ported to GBA a dozen years ago.

I just posted this as news, so it may appear on the front page of this site tomorrow. We'll see.

Anyway. I'm tempted to try this. I have no great love for the Jaguar, but there are a few titles which pique my curiosity (Ultra Vortek, Defender 2000) and a couple others which I'd like to try again (Tempest 2000, supposedly better than the Saturn version I had in my 20s).

• Like 1

Update: This doesn't work very well on my MiBox. Maybe it's not powerful enough to handle it, but I have a feeling there's more to it than that. Even in the videos I've seen (presumably running on the powerful Shield hardware) some games run okay, while others are frustratingly slow. Guess I got caught up in the hype. The emulator could improve with future updates, however... I guess we won't know until a few months down the road.