IGNORED

A4000/040 Desktop not recognizing IDE CF drive

majestyx

I've been getting back into the Amiga again and have been slowly trying to update my A4000/040 Desktop. Today I received the IDE CF drive that Amigakit sells (I have a tech support ticket in with them as well) and, from what I can tell since no directions came with it, all I needed to do is attach it to the IDE cable and the system would recognize it. Well, I've attached it to two different IDE cables in every position possible and no matter what I've done, this machine just will not find it. I've tried it with the supplied CF card, the Workbench 3.1 CF card I also purchased, and another CF card eightbit included with the A600 I got from him (I've even tried using that drive too) and none of them do anything when I plug them in. Is there something in the A4000 that needs to be set for it to recognize this drive? I'm running Kickstart 3.0 v39.106 (it states it works with Kickstart 2.05 and higher) so I'm at a stand-still at this point. If anyone knows what I need to do in order to use it, I'd greatly appreciate it. This is really frustrating.

After some much needed rest, I was able to figure out how to get this to work. And I'm learning quickly that like almost everything else Amiga related, be it emulation or physical hardware, nothing is ever easy with this machine!

Yeah, things can feel quirky until you invest the time and figure it out. Its like the Amiga 2000 I have and the whole 8MB maximum on the Zorro bus, and the Bigram I have coming that supposedly does not work correctly with the accelerator's FPU installed on some people's machines...and I am going to have to test that and see if it is the case with mine. Fun stuff :)