IGNORED

HSC14 Round 12: Shamus: Case II

Shamus: Case II - 2,135

First time ever playing this one...

I've really enjoyed playing this again - it really holds up well and is pretty intense!

Nearly completed the game I think. Made it to the Goal and most of the way back to the start, which is where I presume you have to go? 57850.

Could have done with just 1 or 2 more lives to see me out!

78,875 - 4 Keys 4 Doors, I fell down on the last screen before the goal (wasn't expecting those things!) then battled my way back to it only to get caught on my hat (flashback to BBSB on the acid rain!!) gutted :-o

post-19705-0-35940900-1500586618.jpgpost-19705-0-41557100-1500586640.jpg

There is a lot more to say about this game and it's nuances but players might note there are extra lives every 10K (only 9 show) :)

Not had time for any SFO testing this week so will put a snap poll on in a few minutes :)

POLL OPEN !

I've really enjoyed playing this again - it really holds up well and is pretty intense!

78,875 - 4 Keys 4 Doors, I fell down on the last screen before the goal (wasn't expecting those things!) then battled my way back to it only to get caught on my hat (flashback to BBSB on the acid rain!!) gutted :-o

attachicon.gifSC2 - Map.jpgattachicon.gifSCII - 78875.jpg

There is a lot more to say about this game and it's nuances but players might note there are extra lives every 10K (only 9 show) :)

Not had time for any SFO testing this week so will put a snap poll on in a few minutes :)

POLL OPEN !

Just reading your post, I realised I made a mistake! I thought I'd made it to the goal when I saw those big columns on that screen and didn't consider that you had to get past them! I thought it was odd that it didn't say anything when I reached the goal! :?

So McKong we have 1 day left or so! I failed on tonight's effort :twisted:

For fun check out Expert and go to the 2nd room with just the roadrunners going across and see how long you can last out!

Reminder this round closes Sunday 10am UK time

Round 13 POLL OPEN !

Another gaming milestone ticked off! Completed Novice !!!

Spoiler: When you reach the Goal you get a message about the explosive being set and the building being ready for detonation and to get out(!) and then the Goal is set back to the start, where you get another message saying the building has been detonated - then the game continues. I was on my last life so didn't last long and when it returned to the title screen had automatically levelled up to Intermediate.

post-19705-0-19737900-1500739081.jpgpost-19705-0-34963500-1500739068.jpg

:)

It's quite around here and the poll is tied so will extend this round (and the poll!) until 10am UK time Tuesday 25th July.

tables just based on score as it's about right for progress though my go completing Novice was 53K compared to my higher score below when I was doing more battling to work out where to go!

final very nearly final table

Shamus: Case II

1st Dope 92,400 12pts*

2nd therealbountybob 78,875 11pts*
2nd McKong 57,850 10pts
3rd devwebcl 33,935 9pts
4th pusakat 21,625 8pts
5th slx 20,295 7pts
6th carlsson 8,460 6pts
7th Sikor 2,410 5pts
8th jblenkle 2,135 4pts

*completed novice

Video playing the game here - he's not very good: maybe he should go left after fighting up eh ?!! All the collectable items are the same keys, clues, the doors look different ;)

[edit] had a quick look at the other skill levels, seems the first key at least is in the same place - I was hoping there might be some extra rooms or different routes required, needs more play :ponder:

• Like 1

Congratulations to Dope for nipping in for the win :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Tables updated above.

Shamus Case II remains a nice and darkly atmospheric game, well worth playing to the end if you didn't get very far. The map is fairly small and you want a start get the key from room 19 go back to the door on 13, then down to 9 for key 2 then back up and across to room 21... the other two keys and doors are in the top right area :grin: If you can, take out the snakes to save battling through both waves of critters!

Current Standings updated

:)