IGNORED

Looking for a copy of Intellivision Lives! v1.1 PC

Guest LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

So far two offers, but unfortunately both were v1.0. So if you have a spare version of v1.1 that you would like to sell please PM me. Thanks.

Edited by LiqMat

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LiqMat

Hope you have a Virtual Machine w/ older Windows on it... May be a challenge to run on newer systems, as rm_me implies.

Yes. I understand. The physical copy would be for my PC games collection. v1.0 turns up quite often, but v1.1 is rather elusive. I have lost bids on that version on Ebay due to snipers. Drives me crazy. v1.0 and v1.1 always go for about $20 and most copies that are $30 or more just sit and rot. So waiting for a good price as well.

P.S. - I also am a member over @ the Vogons.org forums and collect and restore old PC hardware (have done it for years) and so I would run this on a restored Windows 98SE machine of mine.

Edited by LiqMat

Yeah -- sniping is really frustrating. I know I have at least one copy of version 1.1 -- the one I've been using actually so it's not available... I'll try to see if I have an extra - though it's hard to break up a set. ;)

P.S. - I also am a member over @ the Vogons.org forums and collect and restore old PC hardware (have done it for years) and so I would run this on a restored Windows 98SE machine of mine.

Cool... Haven't ever hung out there. But... I feel rotten now. I threw out a bunch of old PC hardware and games a few years ago that may have been interesting to you. Worst thing now is that I'm afraid to even chkdsk on any of the 5 1/4" floppies I still have. I suspect the drive I have may be physically damaging disks. :-o That and the old Gateway 2000 AnyKey keyboard are all that's left from the first PC I actually bought with my very own money...

Guest LiqMat

Yeah -- sniping is really frustrating. I know I have at least one copy of version 1.1 -- the one I've been using actually so it's not available... I'll try to see if I have an extra - though it's hard to break up a set. ;)

Cool... Haven't ever hung out there. But... I feel rotten now. I threw out a bunch of old PC hardware and games a few years ago that may have been interesting to you. Worst thing now is that I'm afraid to even chkdsk on any of the 5 1/4" floppies I still have. I suspect the drive I have may be physically damaging disks. :-o That and the old Gateway 2000 AnyKey keyboard are all that's left from the first PC I actually bought with my very own money...

If you go to the "General Old Hardware" & "Software" forums @ Vogons you will be amazed what ppl are restoring, collecting, etc. I used to restore handhelds and consoles exclusively, but now have been going back to the old PC stuff I used to work on years ago. Yeah, most of the people @ Vogons are trying to save as much of it as possible and restore it and use it. There are even guys dumpster diving and trying to save crap from the scrappers and recycle centers. LOL It's crazy, but this stuff is going not only for decent money on Ebay now, but most of us just want to preserve it as some older games just don't run perfectly even under DOSBox. By the way most of the DOSBox authors hang out @ Vogons and respond to user requests there so it's a great resource. There is a guy there called Ripsaw8080 who is one of the DOSBox authors who is still coding patches for very old DOS games so they run perfectly in DOSBox. Bugs that were there from the original release of the game. He is really a cool guy.

http://www.vogons.org/viewforum.php?f=46

http://www.vogons.org/viewforum.php?f=61

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 2

Version 1.1 runs under Windows 7 64-bit using Windows XP mode. The CD is great, it has lots of info not on the website. The games themselves can be used with a new emulator on any operating system. The Windows emulator on the CD (only on v1.1) actually runs under Windows 7-64. The compatibility problem has to do with Macromedia Director. Is there any way to play the old Macromedia Director stuff on newer computers or will all that stuff be lost forever?

I threw out an old XT clone a couple of years ago. I saved the CPU, and the hard drive and controller. Is that stuff worth anything?

Guest LiqMat

Version 1.1 runs under Windows 7 64-bit using Windows XP mode. The CD is great, it has lots of info not on the website. The games themselves can be used with a new emulator on any operating system. The Windows emulator on the CD (only on v1.1) actually runs under Windows 7-64. The compatibility problem has to do with Macromedia Director. Is there any way to play the old Macromedia Director stuff on newer computers or will all that stuff be lost forever?

I threw out an old XT clone a couple of years ago. I saved the CPU, and the hard drive and controller. Is that stuff worth anything?

I am aware of some of the differences between v1.0 and v1.1 and why I am looking for v1.1. I already have all the roms and use Nostalgia which I like. I also love my Intellivision Rocks CD because of all the Activision and Imagic roms. I also thought v1.0 had an older version of Quicktime as well.

As for your parts, yes. Ebay time. You would be surprised. Guys will buy a junked out 286 laptop just for the keyboard that is in mint shape. All of this stuff is getting preserved now. So much of it is getting recycled so they are working as fast as they can to save as much of it as possible and restore it over at Vogons. 80s and 90s PC cases are a big draw though. People love the beige cases with the MHz LED panels and Turbo buttons. What we thought so generic back then has now become a wanted item. Even Packard Bell (also referred to as Packard Smell) cases have become wanted as well. ha

Just out of curiosity, what CPU and is that an old MFM style hard drive with controller since it is from an XT?

Edited by LiqMat

I recycled my old 486 DX 33 MHz system w/ the Turbo button from Gateway. It was one of those with a redundant battery pack backup (in addition to the one on the motherboard)... It was a generic battery pack that held 4 AA batteries and connected to a header on the mobo. We had moved, and at the time, there were batteries in there. It sat in the garage in TX for five years "waiting until next weekend" to be set up... Well those batteries leaked onto the memory and basically dissolved the connectors in the RAM slots. :( It never occurred to me to even look at getting a replacement mobo for it.... But that case was a *beast*!

The quicktime videos can be played on any computer but they are tiny. It's the Macromedia player that's the problem and no solution as far as I know. Did any of the content/history change from v1.0 to v1.1? The Rocks CD is the most difficult to find. What's the content/history like on the Rocks CD anything that's not found on the web site?

Can't find my 8086 CPU but it's not Intel; it's an NEC chip I believe. The hard disk controller is RLL, I believe, with a seagate st-238. I also have a small collection of 486 and pentium cpus and 30-pin simm.

Guest LiqMat

The quicktime videos can be played on any computer but they are tiny. It's the Macromedia player that's the problem and no solution as far as I know. Did any of the content/history change from v1.0 to v1.1? The Rocks CD is the most difficult to find. What's the content/history like on the Rocks CD anything that's not found on the web site?

Can't find my 8086 CPU but it's not Intel; it's an NEC chip I believe. The hard disk controller is RLL, I believe, with a seagate st-238. I also have a small collection of 486 and pentium cpus and 30-pin simm.

You tell me if you think it's worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Seagate-ST238R-33mb-RLL-Harddrive-WD1004A-27X-Controller-Card-Cables-/263059916534?hash=item3d3f97c6f6%3Ag%3A8qMAAOSwXAJYVtiR&nma=true&si=elBt8rpb3dy6J64OOK3vHnglais%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Guest LiqMat

I recycled my old 486 DX 33 MHz system w/ the Turbo button from Gateway. It was one of those with a redundant battery pack backup (in addition to the one on the motherboard)... It was a generic battery pack that held 4 AA batteries and connected to a header on the mobo. We had moved, and at the time, there were batteries in there. It sat in the garage in TX for five years "waiting until next weekend" to be set up... Well those batteries leaked onto the memory and basically dissolved the connectors in the RAM slots. :( It never occurred to me to even look at getting a replacement mobo for it.... But that case was a *beast*!

Too bad you recycled it, but then again I threw out worse and I kick myself. I am currently restoring a Gateway 450 system and modifying it into a serious 2004 era gaming rig. Gainward FX5900 128MB AGP card, P-III 850MHz Slot 1 @ 100FSB and a whopping 512MB RAM with a 40GB HD. A serious Winodws 98SE gaming rig. LOL Even found a new old stock Gateway keyboard, mouse and speakers.

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 1

Cool stuff! That is a lot of RAM!

I still have Dell Pentium III (or is it !!!) system with a Canopus 3dfx Voodoo daughter board, IIRC. It has something like 3 or 4 SCSI drives in it -- sounds like a jet airplane once they all finish spinning up. Can't recall, but I think it may even multi-boot to Win98, NT 4.0 and ... Red Hat 5 maybe? Been a few years since that sucker's been booted up... After that I started building my own systems. The next system was an AMD Athlon and SOYO Dragon mobo and some AGP video card.... About 6 months ago made it into a VM -- it still runs some source control services for me software projects! O.o

I build my own computers. I used the same "White Box" case for nearly 20 years, just for the fact of the reset button. That is until this last build. I needed to use liquid cooling for the Extreme processor I bought and the cooling system would not work in the old case. I miss my reset button.

Guest LiqMat

Cool stuff! That is a lot of RAM!

I still have Dell Pentium III (or is it !!!) system with a Canopus 3dfx Voodoo daughter board, IIRC. It has something like 3 or 4 SCSI drives in it -- sounds like a jet airplane once they all finish spinning up. Can't recall, but I think it may even multi-boot to Win98, NT 4.0 and ... Red Hat 5 maybe? Been a few years since that sucker's been booted up... After that I started building my own systems. The next system was an AMD Athlon and SOYO Dragon mobo and some AGP video card.... About 6 months ago made it into a VM -- it still runs some source control services for me software projects! O.o

Yes. When I still used a desktop for my everyday system (laptop now) and before I went the SSD route I had two Western Digital VelociRaptor 10k RPM drives and they sounded like whining engines revving up every time I turned it on. It was very satisfying. Yes, SSD is much faster, but it's like going from an old 60s muscle car to a Tesla. They are both fast, but you miss that low end rumble.

Edited by LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

It's a damned shame that these are being scrapped, and the "survivors" are going for premium prices on ebay. Because, "limited supply".

Gotcha! Yeah, I have no shame. I would climb that pile and pick at it. No problem. The tube TVs? Meh... maybe a few for the retro expos I go to once in awhile, but my upper body strength just can't handle 27" tubes or larger. Especially those late HD tubes. Those things are beasts.

Edited by LiqMat