Photo

Best source for controllers?

6 replies to this topic

#1 kdgarris OFFLINE  

kdgarris

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 PM

Where is a good source for working joystick and paddle controllers?  If I were able to, I would get both from atgames, but they are sold out of both at the moment.  I got two sets of paddles from there for my girlfriend's Atari, and they work great.  I tried to get paddles off of ebay, but despite claims that they worked great, they jitter like many old paddle controllers do.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 groundtrooper ONLINE  

groundtrooper

Moonsweeper

• 334 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:13 PM

http://www.best-elec.../quickguide.htm

#3 accousticguitar OFFLINE  

accousticguitar

Quadrunner

• 6,503 posts
  • Sherlock made it to 15 before he left us.

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 PM

You can clean the paddles.

https://www.youtube....n atari paddles

#4 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Chopper Commander

• 228 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 PM

I recommend cleaning the paddles also. I have three sets and none of them worked right when I bought them, but a quick clean and they were all as good as new. I've heard from a couple of people that contact cleaner, sprayed into the pots on the paddles will get them working without having to take the pots apart, but I went ahead and did it the hard way, just to make sure I got all the gunk out. ;-)

If you buy ANYTHING  from BestElectronics, you won't go wrong. Get the Best GOLD Lifetime Joysticks. The price may seem high, but you really can't beat fully refurbed and upgraded joysticks. I rebuilt a set of mine, using the Gold Lifetime PCBs and went ahead and bought the other parts (boots, inner handles, fire buttons and springs) from eBay. It saved me a little cash doing it that way, but I already had the joysticks to rebuild. I use these joysticks all the time now and I couldn't be happier with them. There's a nice tactile "click" in every direction and the fire buttons work great. These are a more responsive than the factory sticks ever were.  :-D

#5 groundtrooper ONLINE  

groundtrooper

Moonsweeper

• 334 posts

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 PM

I have also done the Best Gold rebuild kits and they resurrected my childhood CX40's. I did clean all 3 sets of paddles I had. One turned out perfectly the other 2 I still have some jitters or non responsiveness. When I ordered my rebuild kits from Best I went ahead and ordered a pair of lifetime pots paddles because I new I had SCAA and Medieval Madness coming and they are dead on accurate. Even if I suck at both games I cant blame the paddles because they just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 edladdin OFFLINE  

edladdin

Moonsweeper

• 392 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 AM

Our controllers deliver high quality arcade controls to both the Atari 2600 and 7800.  You can find them in the AtariAge store!

https://www.atariage.com/store/

#7 groundtrooper ONLINE  

groundtrooper

Moonsweeper

• 334 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 AM

Our controllers deliver high quality arcade controls to both the Atari 2600 and 7800.  You can find them in the AtariAge store!

https://www.atariage.com/store/

I second this fully. If you want the absolute BEST controller go with an Edladdin. I have the  Edladdin Supreme 78 All-Play 4/8  and it is amazing. Ed is currently building me a Super Twin 78 and I can't wait to get it. 

If you want the best go with Edladdin. If you want your classic controllers to be the best they can be, go with Best Electronics like I stated above. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users