Photo

Another Release From Piko Interactive

199 replies to this topic

#176 steve-vx OFFLINE  

steve-vx

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 6:29 AM

How would the program detect this area as being "near a ladder"? I`d say CJ could rather work on and / or complete one of the other projects. I am happy with the game now, especially since I learned that the original is no better (I would have complained if it had saved to disk or featured level codes) and Piko and CJ took the opportunity to explain and to communicate with the scene. Piko should change their descriptions online to avoid confusion though. This game is a straight port. As that, it is great.

#177 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 3,728 posts

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 2:26 PM

I tried calling Atari help line to find out what I should do... but the number was disconnected?! HELP!!!

#178 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Dragonstomper

• 986 posts

Posted Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:50 PM

Call 911

#179 PikoInteractive OFFLINE  

PikoInteractive

Moonsweeper

• 483 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:50 AM

Regarding Saves, Sorry but I am very oldschool when it comes to this so it wasn't even considered in the first place.

Regarding button mapping, Switchblade over all has non-traditional controls, like for example.... hold Punch button then release for kick lol.

#180 mmbe OFFLINE  

mmbe

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 204 posts

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 AM

My copy of the game arrived last Wednesday and I finally got to play it a little over the weekend.  Here are my thoughts about the issues raised.

1.) The Label -  It's functional and serves its purpose.  Not a deal breaker.  Something for Piko to fix on future releases.

2.) The Manual - It starts out fine but then about half way thru comes the spelling mistakes and words running together.  Not a deal breaker either but an easy fix especially with Spell Check.  My manual had no physical damage to it.

3.) High Score Screen - This is a disappointment as this problem should have been discovered during testing and fixed prior to release.  It's not like the program crashes if you do something unusual.  Since the game does not have a save feature, this error is more annoying than anything else. If an error can be easily discovered by consumers, the company's play testers should have found it.  I do commend Piko for addressing the problem and accepting responsibility for it.  Their offer of a partial refund and coupon is more than fair.  Hopefully going forward they will take a little more time and pay attention to the small details.

My biggest disappointment has nothing to do with the game.  It was the fact that the post office delayed delivery by almost a week without any explanation.

I don't believe any of these issues should stop someone from ordering the game.  I found the game to be fun and if you want Switch Blade on the Jaguar here is your opportunity.

I look forward to future Jaguar releases from Piko.

#181 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,334 posts

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 AM

Piko if you have the full rights to these games did they also give you the source codes?

#182 PikoInteractive OFFLINE  

PikoInteractive

Moonsweeper

• 483 posts

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 AM

Piko if you have the full rights to these games did they also give you the source codes?

Nope :( Only Indigo and Jim Power were able to provide source codes. ahh and Harlequim MD version too.

• jhd likes this

#183 doctor_shred OFFLINE  

doctor_shred

Star Raider

• 72 posts

Posted Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 PM

Thanks Piko Interactive for bringing this game to the Jag.  My copy arrived a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying the game.  The high score screen crash did catch me out to begin with.

Keep up the good work.

#184 PikoInteractive OFFLINE  

PikoInteractive

Moonsweeper

• 483 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 PM

hey Guys,

There are 43 Blank PCBs in stock and we will not restock any time soon. 

So if anybody is thinking of picking up Custodian or the original version of Switchblade this is a good time. 

We will re-organize the business and there may be major changes that will affect the Jaguar section. In regards of refunds, people should start receiving them at the beginning of NOV.

Cheers!

Eli

#185 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,796 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 PM

Look what i got for my birthday yesterday!  Score.  A really nice production even with the off size label.

Please don't take your bat and ball and go home because of issues with this release.  Keep the jag games coming!

PS--One of the best gave covers ever.  A guy about to punch a lizard creature wearing armor in the face!

Attached Thumbnails

• Switch Jag.JPG

Edited by travistouchdown, Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:27 PM.

#186 PikoInteractive OFFLINE  

PikoInteractive

Moonsweeper

• 483 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Thanks!

And nothing bad will happen about Jaguar Releases. If these changes take place, I think the community would be thrilled =D.

in regards of the artwork; it was made by the original designer/developer of the game =D. Simon Phipps.

Look what i got for my birthday yesterday!  Score.  A really nice production even with the off size label.

Please don't take your bat and ball and go home because of issues with this release.  Keep the jag games coming!

PS--One of the best gave covers ever.  A guy about to punch a lizard creature wearing armor in the face!

#187 ls650 ONLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 6,905 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 PM

I'm not much for platformers, but congrats on your game, and I look forward to seeing your future releases!

#188 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,608 posts

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:44 PM

Sometimes in order to see the future, you need to reach deep, deep into the past. :)

#189 xucaen OFFLINE  

xucaen

Stargunner

• 1,108 posts
  • Job searching.

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 PM

This is not fair.

#190 PikoInteractive OFFLINE  

PikoInteractive

Moonsweeper

• 483 posts

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 PM

This is not fair.

What is it?

There is only 25 Blank PCBs left btw.

#191 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 10,471 posts

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 PM

I had just ordered a copy of Smart Mouse for the Genesis. I love Pengo so this looks really interesting. I was concerned about one aspect though - I had seen a youtube video where the person was talking about the cart and there were some concerns about the quality of the cartridge shell. It seemed to almost come apart very easily and looked very flimsy and cheap in his video. Are you still using these?

#192 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,796 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:52 PM

I don't get this game.  There is a potion in the first screen I can't seem to acquire.  Then there are bat like creatures that I can't hit no matter what button I push.  Then I fall down a hole and die.

Like Custodian, this game is more frustrating for a first time player than fun.  Am I missing something with these games?  Is the control scheme really that deep?

Finding it much more easy to pick up and play the more arcade style ST ports IE Badlands (AMAZING) and Commando, Gauntlet, etc....

#193 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 PM

I'll make a video later showing how to get through the first few screens if you like?

Currently doing a clean w10 install so might be a while lol.

#194 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,796 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 AM

I'll make a video later showing how to get through the first few screens if you like?

Currently doing a clean w10 install so might be a while lol.

Thank you and would be much appreciated!  The production level, music and graphics are great, and i'm sure once i figure out the controls and what to do it will be plenty fun.  I have tried kicking and punching those crawling bat creatures and they seem to be (and sound like) they are made of metal....

#195 Swansea_Mariner OFFLINE  

Swansea_Mariner

Chopper Commander

• 219 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 AM

Yeah that first section I always fall down the hole too can't seem to find a way to climb down.

Given that it's a one sitting game anyone who's played through know how many hours it takes beginning to end?

#196 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:45 AM

Yeah that first section I always fall down the hole too can't seem to find a way to climb down.

Given that it's a one sitting game anyone who's played through know how many hours it takes beginning to end?

About 2-3 hours.

#197 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:25 AM

Hold the button down, power up the kicks, and bish-bash-bosh.

#198 Swansea_Mariner OFFLINE  

Swansea_Mariner

Chopper Commander

• 219 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:31 AM

is it possible to make that fall without losing a life?

#199 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 PM

is it possible to make that fall without losing a life?

Yes, by not losing health fighting the ones above. There's a health top-up powerup below anyway.

#200 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,796 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 PM

Thank you! Very helpful. Looking forward to giving this one another white soon.

In the meantime can't seem to stop playing Badlands.... As an NES kid reminds me greatly of Super Off Road and is great fun.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users