IGNORED

Vec Multi Problem

genfuyung

So I plugged my vec multi in tonight and its giving me an error on boot saying theres no sd card inserted and it goes into dev mode. So I took the sd card out (this is the card that came with it and was working when I last played about a month ago) and my pc recognizes it fine so I formatted it and reloaded all the original contents and ran the menu making program. After that I plugged it back in and its still saying the same thing. Anyone have any idea whats happening or how to fix it? Pretty bummed about it.

So I plugged my vec multi in tonight and its giving me an error on boot saying theres no sd card inserted and it goes into dev mode. So I took the sd card out (this is the card that came with it and was working when I last played about a month ago) and my pc recognizes it fine so I formatted it and reloaded all the original contents and ran the menu making program. After that I plugged it back in and its still saying the same thing. Anyone have any idea whats happening or how to fix it? Pretty bummed about it.

What is the partition size of the formatted sd card?

Using Windows "diskpart.exe" command line utility here is the information from mine:

DISKPART> list disk
Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
* Disk 2 Online 483 MB 0 B
DISKPART> list part
Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
* Partition 1 Primary 483 MB 0 B
DISKPART> list vol
Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 6 E VECMULTI FAT Removable 483 MB Healthy
DISKPART> detail disk
Generic SU512 SD Card
Disk ID: 00000001
Type : SD
Path : 0
Target : 0
LUN ID : 0
Location Path : UNAVAILABLE
Current Read-only State : No
Read-only : No
Boot Disk : No
Pagefile Disk : No
Hibernation File Disk : No
Crashdump Disk : No
Clustered Disk : No
DISKPART> list vol
Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 6 E VECMULTI FAT Removable 483 MB Healthy
I have used other DiskPart commands to explicitly clean the micro sd card and set a specific a partition size. I recommend using the partition size and filesystem type above if you want to renew the sd card provided by Richard for the the VecMulti. Or your own provided card.
Using tool under other operating systems may also require manual settings for partition size and filesystem type.
Manual settings are definitely required if you are using a newly purchased 32GB sd card with VecMulti. For partition size 2GB is as large a partition size as VecMulti will recognize and you must limit the size when using your formatting tool. Automatic settings may choose a partition size and type that is incompatible.
Edited by Vectrexer

I tried reformatting it all sorts of ways last night and could never get it to work. Got a new sd card today and will try it when I get home. Doesn't make any sense that the sd card worked fine, was never removed, and after it sits for a month suddenly stops being read by the vecmulti but is read perfectly fine by my pc.

You sure the SD card is clicked in all the way? Unlike my other flash cards, the VecMulti actually clicks in and latches to the SD card. I know it is obvious and I'm not saying you aren't doing that...just one of those gotcha things I forget about with the VecMulti sometimes.

I got a new micro SD card and I still can't figure it out. It won't recognize it in the VecMulti. It's 2GB and I formatted it as FAT. I transferred all the files from the one that came with it to the new one and it still says there is no SD card when I turn it on. What am I doing wrong formatting. FYI my technical skills when it comes to this stuff is low. I need the instructions for dummies version.

Edited by redrumh2o

Tried it with a new sd card i bought today and its working fine again. No reasonable explanation I can think of. Oh well, at least its working again and I can play.

How exactly did you format your new card? My new one still won't be recognized and I am about to give up. I got a 2gb micro SD card, popped it into my laptop, went to format a d selected FAT named it VECMULTI then formatted it. Is there something else I should be doing?

How exactly did you format your new card? My new one still won't be recognized and I am about to give up. I got a 2gb micro SD card, popped it into my laptop, went to format a d selected FAT named it VECMULTI then formatted it. Is there something else I should be doing?

I actually didn't do anything to it. I opened it, put it in ad reader, copied files over from old as card and stuck it in the vecmulti.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Microsoft Windows Disk Partition Tool (diskpart.exe) to Clean and Format a memory card for VecMulti.
Locate the Microsoft Windows command line disk management tool called "diskpart.exe".
The tool is located in %SystemRoot\System32
For system with Windows installed on the "C:" drive the tool is located in "C:\WINDOWS\System32".
File path "C:\WINDOWS\System32\diskpart.exe"
Run the "diskpart.exe" tool file with Administrative level access.
To run as administrator do this,
* Locate the file.
* Using your mouse, Right-Click on the file and choose "Run as administrator".
* When asked to confirm click "Yes".
Disk Partition Tool Prompts:
The following is a set of prompts, commands and responses used when formatting a micro SD Card for use with VecMulti.
* 2 GB card was used. Any size up to 32 GB physical size can be used in VecMulti.
* When inserted into the computer the drive number seen in DiskPart was drive 2. You may need to adjust the drive number used when cleaning and formatting the SD card.
* Logical Drive size used during the partitioning was "1875 MB". You can format smaller logical drive, but not larger one.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart.exe
Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.16199.1000
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: E6530
DISKPART> LIST DISK
Disk 2 Online 1876 MB 1875 MB
DISKPART> SELECT DISK 2
Disk 2 is now the selected disk.
DISKPART> LIST DISK
* Disk 2 Online 1876 MB 1875 MB
DISKPART> CLEAN ALL
DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.
DISKPART> CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=1875
DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition.
DISKPART> SELECT PARTITION 1
Partition 1 is now the selected partition.
DISKPART> LIST PARTITION
Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
* Partition 1 Primary 1875 MB 64 KB
DISKPART> FORMAT FS=FAT
100 percent completed
DiskPart successfully formatted the volume.
DISKPART> ASSIGN
DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.
DISKPART> DETAIL DISK
Generic 0000 SD Card
Disk ID: B4C57DC2
Type : SD
Path : 0
Target : 0
LUN ID : 0
Location Path : UNAVAILABLE
Current Read-only State : No
Read-only : No
Boot Disk : No
Pagefile Disk : No