IGNORED

The new Jeff Minter project is Nine Inch Nails?

Schmudde

Just stumbled upon it an hour ago thinking how weird and wonderful it is that things I like combine themselve.:) Polybius seems to be the new Llamasoft game but I like how the video incorporates the lyrics. Wonder if that track is also part of the game or if it was done for the video.

Edited by PeterG
  • Like 1

Just another reason feather in the cap for a cult gaming legend :) Truly awesome! I'm a longtime fan on NIN, and a newer fan of Jeff's so to see both together in 2017 is pretty wild.

Also: Looks like the Jag could handle that game. Too much to wish?!

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 2

Just another reason feather in the cap for a cult gaming legend :) Truly awesome! I'm a longtime fan on NIN, and a newer fan of Jeff's so to see both together in 2017 is pretty wild.

Also: Looks like the Jag could handle that game. Too much to wish?!

Let's see - it runs at 4k and 120fps. Do the math :)

Ha, I had no idea this had such a weird story around it! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-22-polybius-the-story-behind-the-worlds-most-mysterious-arcade-cabinet

This really does look like something that could/should be on the Jaguar. I'm guessing Trent Reznor new about the story and heard about the game being released so made a video/song about it? Either that or Sony is his publisher, so they hooked something up.

But several things that I found funny from the video, 1) the game was played on an old school CRT instead of a new widescreen flat screen. 2) It looked like here and there it was showing bits of old school arcade hardware.

Good song though, NiN sounds like they've improved from being all about being angry at the world to be a bit more artistic.

I guess one other possibility of how this happened, Jeff Minter and Trent Reznor are best friends because the VLM was so awesome to listen to NiN on. :P

Edit: Is this the only PS4 game that supports a 3D TV? There were quite a few on the PS3, but this is the only one I've seen that supports it on the PS4.

Edited by leech

I -war is kind of crap. Polybius is very much more like Tempest 2000, even the level layout is the same, if it weren't for the resolution, high framerate and 3D on it, Jag could handle it (since then it really would be a slightly different game.) I speak with at least the experience of one who has now played both.

Polybius (and T2K for that matter) are both brilliant games. May have to get a PSVR now... My brother and I just spent the last few hours playing it on my 3D tv, and it was amazing.

So what controller is she holding?

And...is this game available for any current gen systems?

Sounds like (from earlier in this thread) he intends to release it for the computer after the exclusivity with Sony ends. But pretty sure the controller is a PS4 dual shock one.

I played it on my standard PS4, it's even a fairly small game (I think it said it was 269mb or something). So very fun though!

I should fire up T2K and see if the level layout is in the same order, I only managed to make it to level 6 last night. First game in a long time that made me scream out for my mommy. Ha!

AND you can play it on a non-VR, non-3D, vanilla PS4, too. It's a neat retro homage.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/polybius/cid=UP4461-CUSA08328_00-LLAMASOFTPLB0002

This is awesome...very tempted to get a PS4 and VR now... Wish they would put stuff like this on a disc instead of download only :/

• Like 2