IGNORED

Imagic Production Run Replacement (Wing War/Moonsweeper)?

mumbai

I don't really expect a completely satisfying explanation, but I thought I'd ask anyway on the off-chance someone knows...

I seem to have multiple cartridges labeled Wing War that each contain Moonsweeper circuit boards. One I would consider a fluke, but a few with identical replacement raises the question of whether there was production mix-up from back in the day with regard to this particular Imagic title. Anyone else run across this curiosity or know anything about the source of my confusion here?

These are legitimate, production-run Imagic Wing War labeled cartridges from multiple, independent origins with no signs of label tampering or replacement. I never took time to notice the issue given the degree of wear to the labels, and so, my prior lack of interest in scrutinizing them.

I did a quick search, and others mentioned noticing the same thing with their Imagic Wing War carts in a thread from 2009-2010. There were only a few replies and it was chalked up to a factory mix-up. But, it does confirm that others have encountered Wing War carts that play Moonsweeper as well.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/139537-colecovision-fans-i-have-wing-war-but-the-game-plays-moonsweeper/

I did a quick search, and others mentioned noticing the same thing with their Imagic Wing War carts in a thread from 2009-2010. There were only a few replies and it was chalked up to a factory mix-up. But, it does confirm that others have encountered Wing War carts that play Moonsweeper as well.

Thanks for the thread pointer. Happy for the verification that this particular swap has been independently observed.