IGNORED

'Weight Control and Nutrition' cart not Y2K compliant?

digdugnate

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this- I booted up my 'Weight Control and Nutrition' cart just to see if it works/mess around with it, only to find that I cannot enter the number 17 as a year field. ;-)

I couldn't catch it in between blinks, but there's a question mark where the '7' goes and the TI goes 'boop' (thanks Tursi for defining the sound!) when you try to.

C'mon, TI!

post-52262-0-68943600-1499984868_thumb.jpg

Just choose a year from the late 20th century (such as 1995 or 1989) with the same starting weekday and the same number of days as the year 2017. Here is a handy reference.

I just thought it was funny :) I figure if i really wanted to mess with it i'll do something similar to what you suggest!

You'll find that is a problem with a great many TI application cartridges.

Do a search on "date repeat years" and you'll find the best compatible year to chose instead of 2017.

I kinda love it... I've actually loadeda cart or two to demonstrate to doubtful youg-uns that the Y2K bug really did exist!

You'll find that is a problem with a great many TI application cartridges.

Do a search on "date repeat years" and you'll find the best compatible year to chose instead of 2017.

I kinda love it... I've actually loadeda cart or two to demonstrate to doubtful youg-uns that the Y2K bug really did exist!

I had to explain to my kids what Y2K was- 'it was a dark time, my children- those were dark days indeed.' lol