Photo

'Weight Control and Nutrition' cart not Y2K compliant?

7 replies to this topic

#1 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 541 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 PM

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this- I booted up my 'Weight Control and Nutrition' cart just to see if it works/mess around with it, only to find that I cannot enter the number 17 as a year field. ;-)

I couldn't catch it in between blinks, but there's a question mark where the '7' goes and the TI goes 'boop' (thanks Tursi for defining the sound!) when you try to.

C'mon, TI!

Attached Files

#2 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 8,489 posts
  • "Excuse me, sir? I have a question ..."

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 PM

Just choose a year from the late 20th century (such as 1995 or 1989) with the same starting weekday and the same number of days as the year 2017.  Here is a handy reference.

#3 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 541 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 PM

Just choose a year from the late 20th century (such as 1995 or 1989) with the same starting weekday and the same number of days as the year 2017.  Here is a handy reference.

I just thought it was funny :)  I figure if i really wanted to mess with it i'll do something similar to what you suggest!

#4 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 8,489 posts
  • "Excuse me, sir? I have a question ..."

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:41 PM

Heh ... I guess TI never anticipated that anyone would still be interested in the 99/4A into the 21st century.  They must have assumed that we will have moved on to the 99/64 by this time.

#5 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 PM

odds are that is written in tibasic and could be fixed.. hard to put in a GROM again but not impossible with a ubergrom board or finalgrom99

Greg

#6 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:47 PM

Personal Record Keeping also has this problem, but Household Budget Management works just fine with 2017 as a valid year.

#7 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• 885 posts

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 PM

You'll find that is a problem with a great many TI application cartridges.

Do a search on "date repeat years" and you'll find the best compatible year to chose instead of 2017.

I kinda love it... I've actually loadeda cart or two to demonstrate to doubtful youg-uns that the Y2K bug really did exist!

#8 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 541 posts

Posted Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 AM

You'll find that is a problem with a great many TI application cartridges.

Do a search on "date repeat years" and you'll find the best compatible year to chose instead of 2017.

I kinda love it... I've actually loadeda cart or two to demonstrate to doubtful youg-uns that the Y2K bug really did exist!

I had to explain to my kids what Y2K was- 'it was a dark time, my children- those were dark days indeed.'  lol

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users