IGNORED

Are YOU onboard for... TI ONLY DAY?

Omega-TI

--- TI ONLY DAY ---  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you onboard for TI ONLY day?

• YES! Count me in it sounds like fun.
    • NO. I cannot pry myself away from other things to join in.
    • Maybe. No promises, but I'll try.
    • Other. Dunno why this one is here (yet), but something usually comes up.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Saturday August 5th 2017 sounds like a great day for such an event. By then many of us will have received our new FinalGROM 99's and will want to play, play, play.

What will you do? Finish work on a program? Play games and beat someone's high score in the monthly contest? Setup your new FG99? Finally get around to hooking up your TI, or just call the BBS, or play with Stuart's Internet browser?

The rules are simple: All computer activity for that day must ONLY be on your TI-99/4A with the exception of Atar Age activity here in the TI forums to keeps us all active and up-to-date.

Who knows, maybe this thread can also be used as a 'round table' for continuous messages throughout the day for updates and high score reports on any games played. (It's a lie without photos ;)

If you are in or out, please answer the poll so we can judge how much activity we can count on!

• Like 1

C'mon Ω, this challenge isn't even hard! When my shiny new FG99 arrives, I had no intention of doing anything but get it set up one day then do nothing but play with it for at least a few more.

Come to think of it, every few Saturdays are already TI only days (except when she kicks me out of the house).

Even then I can still sit in Starbucks and log into Atariage on my tablet (I love when I outsmart her) Does playing the Android replica/clone of TI Hunt the Wumpus count??

I'm in, but it sounds like just a regular week-end.

• Like 5

I'd love to commit instead of maybe but it is the day before my birthday and I don't want to interrupt any unknown plans that may or may not have been setup for me already. i suspect my older offspring maybe paying me a visit that weekend and i have a huge party scheduled for the weekend after.

Like PeBo above, once that FG99 gets here, it's going to be very difficult to pull me away from the TI no matter what day it is.

• Like 1

C'mon Ω, this challenge isn't even hard! When my shiny new FG99 arrives, I had no intention of doing anything but get it set up one day then do nothing but play with it for at least a few more.

I know, no challenge at all right? :grin:

If I'm reading the message below correctly, mine should have left Germany on the 12th or 13th, so it may be on it's way to the customs facility in New York by now. Best case scenario... I might get mine on the 23rd or 24th.

Until the new class of software starts coming out I don't think I'll see 'much' of a functional difference between the final version and the earlier DevBoard. Of course that new second button on the final version might really come in handy for people without reset buttons on their consoles!

post-35324-0-81877100-1500047789.jpg

Wow, I am once again amazed at what is being done on this machine here in 2017. That FinalGROM99 is a sweet addition to any physical TI-99/4A, and even more impressive is the reasonable price. Makes me wish I still had the machines I gave away 7 years ago. :(

• Like 1

Wow, I am once again amazed at what is being done on this machine here in 2017. That FinalGROM99 is a sweet addition to any physical TI-99/4A, and even more impressive is the reasonable price. Makes me wish I still had the machines I gave away 7 years ago. :(

It's not too late to get back into the pool! We'd love to have you join us! I sure someone here could make you a sweet deal on a console, or you could probably even get instant gratification on eBay. To me, there has NEVER been a more exciting time (in the last 30 years) to get into the TI than now. There is just so much going on that it's hard to keep up with all the various hardware projects and the software coming out has been simply mind-blowing.

You know Omega, you can put in the tracking number Ralph supplied into USPS tracking and it shows the details there, in English! Mine's at the Acceptance stage....still got a long way to go....

Yeah, I tried that earlier... it appears it's not been entered into the USPS system yet. :(

post-35324-0-42033700-1500063616_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I tried that earlier... it appears it's not been entered into the USPS system yet. :(

did you try the tracking # through Deutsche Post?

Not sure if it's similar stateside, but getting shipments from Germany to Canada is blindingly quick (usually no more than a week tops - and that includes customs clearing).

It's usually about twice as fast for me to get something from Germany than ordering from the US (and here's the kicker - even though it has to cross an ocean, it's also only a fraction of the price!)

LOLOLOL. My bad, sorry. There are folks out there already in possession of these and you got to play with a development model. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.

Oh yeah... once you open this baby up and start using it, you'll NEVER want to be without it ever again. I kid you not, the FG99 is THE CARTRIDGE. Anyone reading this that is 'on the fence' about buying one, please take my advice BUY ONE, you'll never regret it. It'll take your TIing to new heights.

• Like 1