IGNORED

Atari 2600 weird issue - switch "Game Select" triggers by itself

Electric-Dreams

Hello,
I've got an issue with my Atari CX2600GP (secam video output). When i cold start the console, I can play a game normally but after 2 or 3 minutes, the game just resets, and the selected game number continuously increases by itself, like if the "Game Select" switch was stuck. If I turn it off, and turn it on again, the game stays stuck with game number continuously increasing. I must wait one or two hours for the controls to work again for 2 or 3 minutes. I tried different controlers (CX40 - CX78, all working fine with others consoles) and different games but always stop working after a few minutes. Did someone already I'm wondering how could this happen. Is the RIOT Chip dying ? Thanks all for your help.

PS : Sorry for my bad english

Ok thanks for the answer !

Another question : Is the following chip is a good replacement for RIOT 6532 ?

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/1PCS-R6532P-R6532-8-BIT-Microprocessor-DIP-40-IC-CHIP-/250893307700

Yes. Should be a drop-in replacement if your console has socketed chips. If they're soldered, you'll have to remove the old chip and clean out the through-holes first. If that's the case, I suggest you install a socket before you replace the chip.