IGNORED

Selling some genesis games

sirlynxalot

Prices do not include shipping.

-Outrun 2019 (CIB with manual) $15
-Golden Axe (no manual, authentic cartridge, professionally printed replacement insert for the case) $15

-Jurassic Park (CIB with manual) $9

Also selling Blades of Vengeance for $38. Please check out the pictures on the ebay listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192245267294?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1

Good job on printing or having printed w/out markings to show it is not original. This stuff is the reason I lost the desire to collect.

I would think the "16-BIT CARDTRIDGE" on the front would be a giveaway, though whether it's a watermark or a Chinese typo (all the links I can find are related to Chinese-manufactured Sega games) I can't say.

• Like 1

No one is trying to dupe anyone here. There are no Chinese repros here. I simply bought golden axe as cartridge-only awhile ago, put it into a genesis case, and printed out a high res golden axe insert from the cover project at staples on some glossy paper so it would look nice with my other boxed genesis games. Now that time has passed and I've decided to sell it, I've indicated in the description for this sale that it is not an authentic insert so the buyer will understand that he is not getting the actual insert from the 1990s. :)

Similarly on my Blades of Vengeance auction, I have pulled the insert out to show the damage to the back of the insert, which is definitely not something the guy who sold it to me as "very good" bothered to do.

Edited by sirlynxalot

Aha, I think I understand how "CARDTRIDGE" must have happened: someone at the Cover Project decided to Photoshop out the original text and input it as a text overlay atop an image, so that the edges would be sharper and so forth.

FWIW there's been at least one recent Genesis release (Duke Nukem 3D) that was manufactured in China and had the "16-BIT CARDTRIDGE" typo on the cover art mockups (not sure if it printed that way), so that's where that was coming from. :)

BTW I have tons of homemade cover art for my Genesis games that came loose, though the cheap printer and paper would give 'em away in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...