IGNORED

Comprehensive List of Gen 1 consoles.

Dastari Creel

One thing that has really surprised me is that there doesn't appear to be a comprehensive list of Gen 1 consoles. Everything that I've found online is incomplete and a few places are actually incorrect due to people misunderstanding what generation a particular console is. It also doesn't help that based on what wikipedia page that you're looking at the number of consoles varies considerably.

Thankfully, someone turned me on to a book on Video Games written in the 1970's that has a fairly decent list. Between that I've come up with the following list. I'd appreciate that anyone who knows of any errors or omissions in this list would comment, so that I can create a comprehensive list.

Domestic:

APF:

TV Fun Model 402

TV Fun Model 405

TV Fun Model 406

TV Fun Model 442

TV Fun Model 444

TV Fun Model 500

Atari:

Pong

Pong Doubles

Sears Pong IV

Super Pong

Super Pong Ten

Ultra Pong

Ultra Pong Doubles

Stunt Cycle

Video Pinball

Sears Speedway

Sears Speedway IV

Calfax:

Bag-a-Tel

Coleco:

Telstar

Telstar Classic

Telstar Deluxe

Telstar Ranger

Telstar Alpha

Telstar Colormatic

Telstar Regent

Telstar Sportsman

Telstar Combat!

Telstar Colortron

Telstar Marksman

Telstar Galaxy

Telstar Gemini

Telstar Arcade

Conic International:

TVG 101-4

TVG 102-4

Concept 2000:

Nose T' Nose

Four-Way Video Game

Entex:

Tele-Pong

Executive Games:

Face-Off Hockey/Soccer

Fantasia:

Fantasia 101

Federal Transistor Co:

Video Sport

General Home Products:

Gulliver Triple Challenge

Wonder Wizard

Wonder Wizard Bull's Eye

Wonder Wizard Sharp Shooter

Wonder Wizard Scoreboard

Wonder Wizard (May have had a name but unknown?) Model 7709

Heath Co:

Heathkit

Intercon Marketing Corporation:

Colorgame

Lafayette:

Tournament 2000

Lloyd's:

TV Sports 802

Magnavox:

Odyssey

Odyssey 100

Odyssey 200

Odyssey 300

Odyssey 400

Odyssey 500

Odyssey 2000

Odyssey 3000

Odyssey 4000
4305 (Ok, this is a TV, but the console was built in, so I think it counts.)

National Semiconductor:

Adversary

Olympus Electronics:

TV Sports 77

Quadtronics:

Quadtronics Model Q376

Quadtronics Model Q476

Radio Shack:

TV Scoreboard

Richochet Electronics (Other reference says Microelectronics Systems):

Color TV Game

Super Pro

Challenger

Champion

Formula 500

Richochet 8

Santron:

Gorilla Game Model TG-101

Gorilla Game Model TG-201

Tele-match:

3300R

Unisonic:

Sportsman T101

Tournament 100

Tournament 102

Tournament 150

Tournament 200

Tournament 1000

Tournament 2000

Tournament 2501

Olympian 2600

Universal Research Labs:

Video Action

Video Action II

Video Action III

Video Action IV (Indy 500)

Venture Electronics:

Video Sports VS-1

Video Sports VS-5

Video Sports VS-7

Foreign:

Binatone:

TV Master MK IV

Commodore:

TV Game 2000K

TV Game 3000H

Colorsport VIII

Epoch Co:

TV Tennis Electrotennis

Granada:

Colorsport VIII

Interton:

Video 2000

Video 2400

Video 2501

Video 2800

Video 3000

MBO:

Tele-Ball

Tele-Ball II

Tele-Ball III

Tele-Ball IV

Tele-Ball V

Tele-Ball VI

Tele-Ball VII

Tele-Ball VIII

Tele-Ball IX

Nintendo:

Color TV Game 6

Color TV Game 15

Color TV Game 112

Color TV Game Block Breaker

Computer TV Game

Philco Ford:

Telejogo

Telejogo II

Philips:

Tele-Spiel ES2203

Tele-Spiel ES2204

Tele-Spiel ES2218

Tele-Spiel ES2208

N30

Odyssey 2001

Odyssey 2100

VEB Kombinat Mikroelektronik Erfurt:

BSS 01

Videomaster:

Strika

Strika 2

Colourscore

Colourscore 2

SuperScore

Sportsworld

VisionScore

ColourShot

Videoton:

TV jatek

Zanussi:

Ping-o-Tronic

Forgot Lloyds 801 and Lloyds 813. Also Tele-sports S 4000 and SC 8000 sold by Kmart.

It's less that I've forgotten them and more that I don't know about their existence. My sources are sketchy, although primarily it's what I can piece together from Wikipedia, Pong-Story, and a book on Video Games that was written in 1978. That's why I'm hoping that people that are more expert such as yourself will pipe up and let me know what I'm missing.

Update:

I find Pong Story difficult to navigate. It's not very user friendly. Anyhow, I found that David Winter has compiled his own comprehensive list that shows that I have left out many. Trying to get a "story" on each of these will be difficult, but I'm going to try. http://www.pong-story.com/mypongs.htm

Don't want to burst your bubble but there is a minimum of 1,000 dedicated consoles & Pong consoles worldwide.

The only guy i know who has a bit more than 800 Pong consoles is Adrian Scheel and his web site (pong-picture-pages)

has been offline for quite a while. :(

Don't want to burst your bubble but there is a minimum of 1,000 dedicated consoles & Pong consoles worldwide.

The only guy i know who has a bit more than 800 Pong consoles is Adrian Scheel and his web site (pong-picture-pages)

has been offline for quite a while. :(

Let's add to the list then. I didn't mean to imply that my list up top was comprehensive. I'm trying to create the comprehensive list. This is about historical preservation of knowledge, so that if someone's website goes down the information isn't lost forever. So yes, please, everyone who knows of some other consoles please do let me know.

I will say that I'm most interested in North American releases, though, but I will record anything available about foreign ones as well.

Saw an odd one in Lawrence Kansas today. VIdeo Volley. Box wasn't in good shape and I didn't see who made it. Looks like it uses the same chip as the adversary..

I heard there was a video game crash in 1977 caused by too many pong consoles and wasn't as remembered as the crash of 1983.

post-47844-0-40729000-1500421423_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Saw an odd one in Lawrence Kansas today. VIdeo Volley. Box wasn't in good shape and I didn't see who made it. Looks like it uses the same chip as the adversary..

I heard there was a video game crash in 1977 caused by too many pong consoles and wasn't as remembered as the crash of 1983.

Is that a Studio II for sale next to it? Would it be possible for you to ask about that Studio II, to check what the serial number is, and ask if there's any games and/or cartridges with it? It's of some interest.

Is that a Studio II for sale next to it? Would it be possible for you to ask about that Studio II, to check what the serial number is, and ask if there's any games and/or cartridges with it? It's of some interest.

Not anytime soon. It was a Studio II box but I don't know if a console was in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some notes on Atari/sears:

I suspect the Ultra Pong and Ultra Pong Doubles are the exact same console even though they have separate model numbers (really the same number with different suffixes to distinguish them), the only differences being the box and the number of controllers included (2 or 4). I don't think I've never seen a console with "Doubles" on the badge, or one that only had two controller jacks. They shared the same manual IIRC.

There was also the Sears Hockey Pong, which as best as I can tell is an AY-3-8500 system in an Atari-style pedestal case.

Sears also licensed consoles from other companies, like the Hockey Tennis II and III, and Sports Center/Hockey-Jokari.

Does anyone have any pics of a Pong Doubles (Atari C-160)/Pong IV (Sears 99717)? I have never seen one and haven't been able to actually confirm it was even released.

Edited by BassGuitari