IGNORED

Possible Jaguar Overlays...For What Games?

pboland

Besides the Games that came with overlays, I was wanting to know what games you guys thought might benefit from having an overlay that didn't originally come with overlays. I have the ability to reproduce Jaguar overlays (minus the button embossing, so mine are flat) and I thought it would be a good idea to not only offer the originals (reproductions of course) but custom overlays for games the didn't come with them.

The overlays are 100% plastic (no paper). They are made the same way I make Colecovision and Intellivision overlays if you are familiar with those. Here's a few pics of some reproductions I've made to give you an idea of how they look:

post-9874-0-52587100-1500220406.jpg post-9874-0-66214600-1500220413.jpg

post-9874-0-47334400-1500220419.jpg post-9874-0-72003400-1500220426.jpg

Let me know what games you guys think would benefit from overlays that didn't originally come with any.

• Like 6

If kept reasonable, I'd be interested in some for the games that didn't come with them and a few that did, but I'm somehow missing. Iron Soldier comes to mind.

Skyhammer is one I'd like to see made with this kind of quality. Not into paper or card stock overlays. Maybe one for Battlesphere Gold and Another World too.

If kept reasonable, I'd be interested in some for the games that didn't come with them and a few that did, but I'm somehow missing. Iron Soldier comes to mind.

Skyhammer is one I'd like to see made with this kind of quality. Not into paper or card stock overlays. Maybe one for Battlesphere Gold and Another World too.

How different is Battlesphere Gold (keypad wise) from regular Battlesphere. Sorry I don't own the rarer titles for the Jag.

I think here's at least a couple of variants out there for BS, but same function keys for sure. Could just put a tiny image of that gold foil sticker somewhere and call it good.

Gold foil (in any way) is a tough one for me to pull off. I'm able to do silver foil, but not gold. Sorry.

On a side note I have (I believe) all the original released overlay art done:

post-9874-0-18904900-1500490904.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what other Jag titles can use an overlay.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 2

I know that Syndicate and Robinson's Requiem make use of the keypad; there are a couple nice Syndicate overlay files somewhere on AtariAge. Some games that didn't come with them had overlays printed in the back pages of the manuals too.

Edited by 032-Bias
  • Like 1

Any time frame on production and pricing on these yet?

I don't have any time frame yet. I still need to finish up an Atari 5200 overlay projecting I currently working on: INTEREST CHECK: New Reproduction Overlays...

Once that's done and out of the way I should be able to focus more on this project assuming the interest is good for Jag overlays.

Please make a Battlesphere one. From what I've seen online gold or not it's the same controls.

It is very rare for me to ask this but I'm having trouble confirming what keypad buttons do what in Battlesphere. Mainly because I'm have trouble finding the manual online for it. Text or html is fine as long as I can see a description of the keypad functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was able to find this online. But don't know where I can get one. This is the battlesphere one I looked up and should help you with what button does what. Curious if you are able to make these? I also need the AVP overlays too as I only have the cart.

post-61255-0-73761500-1500750466_thumb.jpg

Edited by UHATEIT

Be nice if a totally re-designed overlay would be made for BS. When I had the one above, was tough to make out while playing. Should have a lighter background, larger or lighter fonts at the very least.

Where did you get that by chance. I can't seem to find any for the BS game at all online. Was hoping to find someone I can order a set from and pick like 10 that I want and need

Where did you get that by chance. I can't seem to find any for the BS game at all online. Was hoping to find someone I can order a set from and pick like 10 that I want and need

Was years ago, mid 2000's I believe before someone (I forget now) started producing them and might have even come from England IIRC. Extremely limited run sort of thing of course.

For BS you should have in mind that you can configure the controls. Don't know how exactly it changes the buttons from the top of my head but for example you can tell the game that you are playing with a regular pad or a pro controller. I think I make rolls on the shoulder buttons and increase or decrease speed on X and z which already are different functions from the overlay shown above...