Photo

Intellivision III game boxes!

8 replies to this topic

#1 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,493 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 PM

Just posted this on the podcast Facebook page, but for those who dont care for that particular social network...

...a couple incredible finds - courtesy of 'friend of the show' Karen Overstreet - while packing up the Intellivision Productions office (it's moving to another southern CA location).

All I can say is WOW... I had no idea these even existed; unreleased Intellivision III game boxes of unreleased games for an unreleased console...

22e99fbe9bd8ef05e1f105a54b2b9281.jpg

c09feacea12e21055a160d3887abdd32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 775 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 PM

Wow, cool find!

The images and descriptions can be found on Keith's Intellivision Lives website:

http://www.intellivi...elli3_tech.html

intviii.JPG

#3 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,493 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 PM

Wow, cool find!

The images and descriptions can be found on Keith's Intellivision Lives website:
http://www.intellivi...elli3_tech.html

attachicon.gifintviii.JPG

True. I should've referenced that. I was just surprised by the fact that the actual printed examples still existed - scattered amongst the various piles of papers in the Intellivision Productions office.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

#4 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,101 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 PM

Holy crap! Very cool finds.

#5 atari5200dude82 OFFLINE  

atari5200dude82

Stargunner

• 1,216 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 PM

Yes very nice indeed. 

#6 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 2,810 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Sweet!

#7 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,728 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 AM

Just posted this on the podcast Facebook page, but for those who dont care for that particular social network...

...a couple incredible finds - courtesy of 'friend of the show' Karen Overstreet - while packing up the Intellivision Productions office (it's moving to another southern CA location).

All I can say is WOW... I had no idea these even existed; unreleased Intellivision III game boxes of unreleased games for an unreleased console...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome find! I hope they are putting things like that in some kind of protective sleeves...

#8 CatPix OFFLINE  

CatPix

River Patroller

• 3,201 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 PM

Very interesting.

They ahv a more 70's vibe than the original Intellivision boxes, oddly. I guess those were merly mock-up/first drafts for peopel to tinker about the final product.

#9 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,493 posts

Posted Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 AM

Awesome find! I hope they are putting things like that in some kind of protective sleeves...

They probably will now, but the usual storage method for things in that office was - shove it under a stack of papers wherever there's some free space.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users