Photo

Intellivision III game boxes!

12 replies to this topic

#1 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,500 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 PM

Just posted this on the podcast Facebook page, but for those who dont care for that particular social network...

...a couple incredible finds - courtesy of 'friend of the show' Karen Overstreet - while packing up the Intellivision Productions office (it's moving to another southern CA location).

All I can say is WOW... I had no idea these even existed; unreleased Intellivision III game boxes of unreleased games for an unreleased console...

22e99fbe9bd8ef05e1f105a54b2b9281.jpg

c09feacea12e21055a160d3887abdd32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 791 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 PM

Wow, cool find!

The images and descriptions can be found on Keith's Intellivision Lives website:

http://www.intellivi...elli3_tech.html

intviii.JPG

#3 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,500 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 PM

Wow, cool find!

The images and descriptions can be found on Keith's Intellivision Lives website:
http://www.intellivi...elli3_tech.html

attachicon.gifintviii.JPG

True. I should've referenced that. I was just surprised by the fact that the actual printed examples still existed - scattered amongst the various piles of papers in the Intellivision Productions office.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

#4 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,241 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 PM

Holy crap! Very cool finds.

#5 atari5200dude82 OFFLINE  

atari5200dude82

Stargunner

• 1,267 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 PM

Yes very nice indeed. 

#6 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 2,893 posts

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Sweet!

#7 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,812 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 AM

Just posted this on the podcast Facebook page, but for those who dont care for that particular social network...

...a couple incredible finds - courtesy of 'friend of the show' Karen Overstreet - while packing up the Intellivision Productions office (it's moving to another southern CA location).

All I can say is WOW... I had no idea these even existed; unreleased Intellivision III game boxes of unreleased games for an unreleased console...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome find! I hope they are putting things like that in some kind of protective sleeves...

#8 CatPix OFFLINE  

CatPix

River Patroller

• 3,393 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 PM

Very interesting.

They ahv a more 70's vibe than the original Intellivision boxes, oddly. I guess those were merly mock-up/first drafts for peopel to tinker about the final product.

#9 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,500 posts

Posted Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 AM

Awesome find! I hope they are putting things like that in some kind of protective sleeves...

They probably will now, but the usual storage method for things in that office was - shove it under a stack of papers wherever there's some free space.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

#10 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,716 posts

Posted Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:46 PM

Wow. Just. Wow.

#11 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,312 posts

Posted Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:04 PM

Now these can be made into real games using the IntelliXpander, yeah?

#12 65bonneville OFFLINE  

65bonneville

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:50 AM

I placed an order with Intellivision Productions for two hand controllers and four conversion cords. Never shipped. Do you know if I am just out on this or if my order will ever ship? Order HAL-6069

Thanks

#13 colormesticky OFFLINE  

colormesticky

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:16 AM

I placed an order with Intellivision Productions for two hand controllers and four conversion cords. Never shipped. Do you know if I am just out on this or if my order will ever ship? Order HAL-6069

Thanks

The office just moved about a week ago. Emily says there are about ten orders outstanding, and last week told me they'd ship within two weeks. So.... soon? I'll send her your order number to make sure you're one of the ten.

Edit: Whoa, man. Please check your email, Emily sent you something. You're now super hidden outstanding order #11. Sorry. :(

Edited by colormesticky, Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users