#1 agentsmith OFFLINE  

agentsmith

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 AM

Hi

I bought a jaguar cd from ebay.

A reliable seller with good rating...

He said his jaguar cd works like a charm, with a new optical lens...

But i cannot use it because the cd don't spin :-(

the cartridge port works perfectly but the cd don't spin... some rare times it spin a little but seems to be slowed by something...

Something weird, if i turn on the jaguar cd with the tray open, sometimes it spin without problem but can't launch the cd...

The seller say me :

- to clean the contact pin from my jaguar (not the jaguar cd) (how to clean it ? the seller say to use this : https://www.sosav.be...dant-60-ml.html )

- check the optical lens to see if it did'nt move during the shipping (but how?)

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for helping.

Edited by agentsmith, Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 AM.

#2 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,592 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 AM

options.

1. Send it back.

2. Attempt to fix it and win (raise the flat inner disc, this is probably pushed down)

3. Attempt to fix it and kill it totally and cry.

#3 LinkoVitch OFFLINE  

LinkoVitch

River Patroller

• 2,345 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 AM

As CJ said if it's catching on something might just be the central spindle has been pushed down a little too far, you can gently prise them up just a touch and try again. 

#4 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,055 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 AM

You've plugged it into power, right? It needs its own plug. 

It's kind of a no-win situation ...even if you get it working, you're stuck with Vid Grid, Blue Lightning, Baldies, Highlander ...

#5 agentsmith OFFLINE  

agentsmith

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:25 PM

hi

i finally can load music cd without problem... the central spindle has moved during the shipping... i raise the spindle a little with a flat headed screw driver and after some testings it finally works... the cd always spin when i turn on the console...

thanks to all for helping

must test a game now :-D

#6 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,184 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:04 PM

You've plugged it into power, right? It needs its own plug. 

It's kind of a no-win situation ...even if you get it working, you're stuck with Vid Grid, Blue Lightning, Baldies, Highlander ...

He would've seen the photo of the back of the Jag CD with the arrow flashing pointing at the power jack if there was a power problem.

Maybe I should add that one to the power FAQ.

#7 grimm OFFLINE  

grimm

Space Invader

• 19 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 PM

hi

i finally can load music cd without problem... the central spindle has moved during the shipping... i raise the spindle a little with a flat headed screw driver and after some testings it finally works... the cd always spin when i turn on the console...

thanks to all for helping

must test a game now :-D

Great that you got it working again. The spindel is the most singled out and common problem. People make the mistake of pushing down the cd on it, as many players of this era had ball bearing loaded spindles that held the disc. This is not the case with the Jag CD. So remember to only carefully drop the cd on the spindle. The Jag CD is reliable, but it is fragile, just be careful with it and it will last you a long time. Also be sure to press on the right spot when closing the lid, the part that locks it has also been known to break if you are rough with it.

#8 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,668 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 PM

Welcome to the world of the Jaguar CD: Lucky if you get one working out of the box.

Edited by Austin, Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 PM.

#9 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,592 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 AM

Now go and enjoy the awesomeness that is Highlander!

#10 Stage_1_Boss ONLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Moonsweeper

• 479 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 AM

Now go and enjoy the awesomeness that is Highlander!

Or the JagCD exclusive, Myst!

#11 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Dragonstomper

• 961 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 AM

And you end up with Battlemorph, Iron soldier 2, Protector SE Resurrection and World tour racing.

#12 Stage_1_Boss ONLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Moonsweeper

• 479 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 AM

To be honest, Robinson's Reqieum is a great reason to get the JagCD working, even though it's not exclusive, I believe it is the only version on console? Also, the releases I have from Orion and Reboot are good reasons too. And while there might not be a lot of options for retail releases, I still love Dragon's Lair for (most) machines it's been released on. (just gotta get my JagCD version still!)

#13 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,668 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:45 AM

To be honest, Robinson's Reqieum is a great reason to get the JagCD working, even though it's not exclusive, I believe it is the only version on console? Also, the releases I have from Orion and Reboot are good reasons too. And while there might not be a lot of options for retail releases, I still love Dragon's Lair for (most) machines it's been released on. (just gotta get my JagCD version still!)

Robinson's is also on the 3DO. Still, if you've got a CD unit, you definitely want to make use of some of those homebrews as you mentioned.

#14 Stage_1_Boss ONLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Moonsweeper

• 479 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 AM

Robinson's is also on the 3DO. Still, if you've got a CD unit, you definitely want to make use of some of those homebrews as you mentioned.

Oh! Well then I guess the JagCD is best for homebrew hehe

#15 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,055 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 AM

Good point, but I think I'd be just as happy playing the six dollar GOG version

#16 Stage_1_Boss ONLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Moonsweeper

• 479 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 AM

Good point, but I think I'd be just as happy playing the six dollar GOG version

Yeah, I look kinda like a renob with that post lol. Oh well, still a cool game on JagCD, just the most expensive way to play it, it seems.

#17 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,055 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 AM

heh, renob.

boner_3.gif

#18 Atari Nut OFFLINE  

Atari Nut

Chopper Commander

• 103 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 PM

Or the JagCD exclusive, Myst!

I popped this in recently and found it difficult to read the text in the books in the beginning of the game.  I don't recall it being that way when it first came out.

#19 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,170 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 PM

You can enlarge the text while you're reading.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users