Photo

New Homebrews Arrive!

22 replies to this topic

#1 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 AM

The AA store has a bunch of new games up for sale!

https://www.atariage.com/store/

What's at the top of your list? Anguna is a favorite of mine :D

#2 cvga OFFLINE  

cvga

River Patroller

• 4,161 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:39 AM

I've ordered Anguna, Panky the Panda, Scramble and Assembloids. I still had a gift certificate from my Secret Santa so that was nice (like Christmas in July). There are several other games I want (who am I kidding, I'd like them all). I'll probably order Bentley Bear Crystal Quest and Time Salvo next.

#3 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 AM

I never heard of Panky the Panda until I saw the box. That's an amazing game.

#4 Lord Innit OFFLINE  

Lord Innit

Chopper Commander

• 188 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 AM

I've ordered Scramble. Would have ordered others but I've a feeling import taxes will push the price to high for me. Got a kick in the balls when Rebooteroids, the SGM 3rd run and Gradius turned up. :(

#5 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 AM

I've ordered Scramble. Would have ordered others but I've a feeling import taxes will push the price to high for me. Got a kick in the balls when Rebooteroids, the SGM 3rd run and Gradius turned up. :(

If the Canadian dollar was stronger, I'd buy more games for sure. When we were at par with the US dollar a couple years ago, man, that was great!

#6 Mephitblue ONLINE  

Mephitblue

Space Invader

• 35 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 AM

I ordered Scramble last night, which will be the first homebrew in my collection.  That game and the packaging looks sweet.  

I need to try the others out on emulation before I decide to buy or not.  

#7 cvga OFFLINE  

cvga

River Patroller

• 4,161 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 AM

I ordered Scramble last night, which will be the first homebrew in my collection.  That game and the packaging looks sweet.  

I wasn't planning on ordering Scramble yet but I was really impressed with the game (and packaging) also. Watch the video Al posted to the store. I really like the way they show the game play in a comic book setting.

#8 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 AM

How do the controls for scramble work? When you drop a bomb, how does it travel downwards?

#9 Jinroh OFFLINE  

Jinroh

Dragonstomper

• 540 posts
  • Catgirl Maid Lover

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 PM

I'm low on cash so I have to wait a few weeks. =_= But there's too many I want! x3

#10 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 22,462 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:19 PM

Assembloids is a cool game which will get you in the "zone mode". And Scramble is another ARM-driven masterpiece.

#11 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,737 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:22 PM

Assembloids is a cool game which will get you in the "zone mode".

Funny, was just playing this a few minutes ago.  Yes, it's definitely a game where you have to get in the "zone" to really excel.  

..Al

#12 -^Cro§Bow^- OFFLINE  

-^Cro§Bow^-

River Patroller

• 4,914 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 PM

How do the controls for scramble work? When you drop a bomb, how does it travel downwards?

The bomb travels in an arc from the front downward. So you just know where to gauge when to use it. There is a setting with the difficulty switch wherenin you can set everything to auto fire or require continues presses of the fire button. I'm very impressed with the 2600 version of Scramble and the packaging looks great as well so I ordered it and Bentley yesterday.

#13 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,233 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 PM

There is a setting with the difficulty switch wherenin you can set everything to auto fire or require continues presses of the fire button. 

Actually, it's been changed now to "mostly" auto-fire (called "burst mode" in the manual). It will fire off a burst of auto-fire shots, but requires you to press the fire button again to fire off another burst. Full auto-fire made the game too easy, and we wanted to add some element of having to think about your shots back into the game.

On a related note, Scramble supports Genesis gamepads, so you can have separate fire and bomb buttons, which really makes it play like the arcade game.

#14 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 PM

On a related note, Scramble supports Genesis gamepads, so you can have separate fire and bomb buttons, which really makes it play like the arcade game.

Does it do the same with 7800 controls? Thanks!

#15 PhoenixMoonPatrol OFFLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 438 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:14 PM

Bought 3 games in the store. I totally had to hold myself back from buying more since stupid food and utility bills got in the way(over rated how we need them) :P

Grabbing Panky the Panda and Rat Catcher next month. 

Very cool to see the 5200 and 7800 get some much needed love. Thanks developers! 

#16 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 11,146 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:18 PM

Does it do the same with 7800 controls? Thanks!

No.  The 7800 controls are designed to be backward compatible with the 2600 in such a way that both buttons appear to the 2600 as the same firebutton.

#17 StanJr OFFLINE  

StanJr

Web-slinger

• 14,916 posts
  • fun or bust

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 PM

Very excited about all of them.  Hard to pick between Gizzle Wap, Assembloids, Scramble or Anguna.  Will eventually have all of them, no doubt.  This is the strongest homebrew release group I've seen in a while.

Well done to all of the homebrewers out there absolutely crushing it.

:spidey:

#18 Lord Innit OFFLINE  

Lord Innit

Chopper Commander

• 188 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 PM

Recently got a Megadrive Arcade Power Stick, so looking forward to trying it out on Scramble.

#19 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Moonsweeper

• 362 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:07 PM

Scramble, Bentley Bear and T:me Salvo. I can play the 7800 and arcade version of Scramble by 7800 or emu, but I played the demo of the 2600 version and had to get it. Scramble/Cosmic Avenger/Defender games are some of my favorites. Bentley bear is a little outside my normal retro gaming, but the enemies and raves pushed me over the edge. T:me Salvo, well, robotron, pacman, double joystick, a lot of creativity, what else to say. Ended up buying Jeepers Creepers for my CV while I was at it ... guilty artwork indulgence, though also a fun game that I've had on emu for some time.

#20 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 PM

I was kind of meh about Assembloids from the screenshots, but the demo is amazing. What a great puzzle game! 

#21 Bucket Brigadier OFFLINE  

Bucket Brigadier

Space Invader

• 49 posts

Posted Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 PM

I ordered Scramble and LEM yesterday.  Looking forward to checking them out!

#22 gauauu OFFLINE  

gauauu

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 AM

Anguna is a favorite of mine :D

Glad you like it!  Not sure if everyone saw it, but I started a contest/drawing for an Anguna poster, details in the contest forum thread.

#23 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 PM

Might have to make me a custom Scramble stick!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users