IGNORED

Are Retro Gamers Ruining YouTube?

My figuring is if you have the time to bellyache about random strangers on a random website doing some random things... you should just turn off YouTube and play some retro games. After all, I don't think anyone is forcing you to watch 'em. (And if they are, blink three times so we can send help.)

• Like 3

Funny, I don't really think of it as "Retro" gaming really lol. It's all just Gaming to me. Not against the word though,but noticed it's a really big trend lately to describe older games and systems as "retro". Ten years ago it wasn't really like that. Ten years ago it was also possible to find rare NES games at Goodwill for super cheap. Nowadays most are just trying to cash in on this whole "retro" trend. I miss the days when the NES didn't cost so much to collect.

I like AVGN okay,but I hate how he has raised the prices on so much stuff because of the popularity of his show. Everytime he features a certain game or console I notice the prices go up immediately on eBay after.

You can't make a career out of 27,000 subscribers.

Actually if you monitize your videos, the hits/watches are what make the money, not how many sub's you have. I'd say the number of people watching is (extremely conservative) at least ten times that. And a quarter million views on average per video when you make several a week certainly can be a career.

I watch a lot of stuff on yt but subscribe to nothing.

I like avgn, but he's one of the originals of his types of videos. Just like TV and movies, the original just seems better (even if in reality its probably not) mostly cause everything after feels like a ripoff.