IGNORED

OT: USPS and Canada Post - enough to make ya go Postal!

PeBo

So I get a package in the mail today...not unusual, but I haven't ordered anything but my FG99 lately, and this was from the US, not Germany.

I open it, and there is a "Division" cartridge inside. This confused me since I already have a Division cartridge, then I remembered that I had purchased one on eBay a couple years ago that never showed up.(to save on shipping the seller had not purchased tracking, so I thought it was long ago lost)

Well sure enough, the shipping date on the packing sticker is 04/10/2015 (that would be 10/04/2015 to Canadian readers), the back of the package is covered with USPS and CanadaPost stamps and codes and initials, and the packaging was torn to rat-poop, but the shipping label on the front (looked like the original) was pristine where both my address and the shippers address was clear as the light of day.

Value was under the US/Canada de Minimus, so it would have been fast-tracked through customs (and it contained no customs marking - normal when there are no duties or taxes due), so I can't tell what side of the border it got delayed, but I'm thinking that at over 2 years from New Jersey to Toronto, it would have been faster to walk and pick it up.

Oh well, looks like I got an extra shell for the FG99 when it arrives!! (already had a shoe box full, but you can't have too many empty shells!)

• Like 5

At least it wasn't like one crazy package I received from Germany about 20 years ago. A friend sent it to me in November for Christmas. I received the package in late January--sort of. What I actually received was a chunk of the cardboard box in a clear postal bag, along with the letter that my friend had included in the box. The cardboard was a small section of the box that contained the sender's address and my address, and nothing else. The rest of the box and all of the contents except for the letter were gone into the ether. . .the worst thing about it was that they considered the package to be "delivered" for insurance purposes!

So there's still hope for me? I ordered Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger (the Super Famicom versions) from Japan 3 months ago, the seller shipped them separately, and I have only received Chrono Trigger so far. So... I might get FF6 in around 25 more months? :mad:

I once had a friend ship me some local beer from Germany (against my suggestion, but he insisted). Anyway, he confused California and Canada, and sent it to San Francisco, Canada. As a result, it went first to Canada, where, even though it was not going to officially enter the country, Canada Customs opened it and seized the alcohol. Then they forwarded the empty box to California with a note explaining that importing alcohol into Canada was illegal. ;)

I was more amused than angry, but it seemed so pointless to forward the empty box - not even a letter in it. ;)

• Like 2

At least it wasn't like one crazy package I received from Germany about 20 years ago. A friend sent it to me in November for Christmas. I received the package in late January--sort of. What I actually received was a chunk of the cardboard box in a clear postal bag, along with the letter that my friend had included in the box. The cardboard was a small section of the box that contained the sender's address and my address, and nothing else. The rest of the box and all of the contents except for the letter were gone into the ether. . .the worst thing about it was that they considered the package to be "delivered" for insurance purposes!

Sounds like some postal worker is enjoying the contents of your package. Or it experienced some kind of extreme catastrophic accident and that was all that was left of it :o