IGNORED

Backup / copy program that supports hard disks

aftyde

Hi All,

I am using DM2K to back up my hard disk to HDX1. However, I often run into problems with it with very large transfers. Wondering if there is another option? (needs to support something more than disk numbers only)

Cheers, Arthur...

Edited by aftyde

The WHT SCSI DSR has a bug that locks up the system whem several directories are being copied. Does the TI freeze up with the scuzzy LED lit ? I believe the magic number is 16 but I cannot remember. The work around was to copy as many directories as the machine could do then reset the TI. There was talk about investigation of the issue but it never came to be.

The WHT SCSI DSR has a bug that locks up the system whem several directories are being copied. Does the TI freeze up with the scuzzy LED lit ? I believe the magic number is 16 but I cannot remember. The work around was to copy as many directories as the machine could do then reset the TI. There was talk about investigation of the issue but it never came to be.

Nope, actually it's the HDX server that craps out. Apparently, there is some condition that causes some files to not be closed after copy. HDX reaches 6 open files and stops working. So I have to do it piece by piece with DM2K - which is tiresome.

Nope, actually it's the HDX server that craps out. Apparently, there is some condition that causes some files to not be closed after copy. HDX reaches 6 open files and stops working. So I have to do it piece by piece with DM2K - which is tiresome.

Tiresome indeed. Can hook the hard drive up to a PC? If so then perhaps TIDIR can make a back up image. Works for my SCSI CF card.

For the short term, I'll try a HDX backup and study the results. I don't want to go to Fred without a well defined problem. However, yes - that might well be the best long term solution.

Fred is here on the forums. PRobably should also enquire with him, being the author of the HDX software and mod...

For the short term, I'll try a HDX backup and study the results. I don't want to go to Fred without a well defined problem. However, yes - that might well be the best long term solution.

yes good tell fred I think I tried this in the past as well with my hfdc geneve.. i need to revisit that myself

This would explain why even my Sector copy of one SCSI drive to another crashed.