IGNORED

M.E.H. Brotherhood

Hi welcome to the Mattel Electronics Handhelds Brotherhood. To show and love of the Mattel handhelds, that started and revolutionary at the time. Most started with these cool and fun games, back in the 70s and early 80s. Some had these before they got there first intellivision or Atari.So this a brotherhood tribute to keep them alive and well and having good memories, playing them , and still do. To start off, I will share my collection. Maybe you can share a story or collection as well.

post-29502-0-69664800-1500516021_thumb.jpg

post-29502-0-56250100-1500516046_thumb.jpg

post-29502-0-44774300-1500516060_thumb.jpg

post-29502-0-43655700-1500516087_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari5200dude82
  • Like 3

Check this out!

post-42281-0-76776900-1500524533_thumb.jpg

post-42281-0-98064300-1500524585_thumb.jpgpost-42281-0-90665000-1500524584_thumb.jpg

post-42281-0-94863800-1500524582_thumb.jpg

post-42281-0-43291700-1500524738_thumb.jpgpost-42281-0-06061400-1500524768_thumb.jpg

post-42281-0-42214900-1500524737_thumb.jpg

Absolutely true story...

My wife just came home from visiting her mother in another city this last Sunday (3 days ago) and said,"I have a little something for you. Are your hands clean? Guess what my cousin gave me." I opened a plastic bag and saw this thing. My jaw hit the floor!

This thing looks like it has never been played. The bottom of the box has been opened but the top is still sealed and everything seems to still be in there, in mint condition. Crazy!!! Any darkness on the unit in the pics is due to my bad lighting and cell phone camera, not staining from use. The paperwork does show darkening on the edges where ultraviolet light must have penetrated the box somehow. But her cousin got this as a gift when it first came out and it sat on their dresser, unused... FOR 40 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!

• Like 10

I remember getting Auto Race for Christmas one year. I had never heard of any handheld electronic games before, so it was a real surprise. The Football we had, had Intellivision running man graphics on the packaging. I remember wondering what they were, it was before Intellivision had come out.

Yipieeee, another brotherhood to join.

I hope my tiny handheld collection is good enough for this brotherhood?

Aside from Soccer, all of the handhelds are the international versions.

Very nice! Some awesome variations I'm going to have to track down. :)

• Like 1

Hi welcome to the Mattel Electronics Handhelds Brotherhood. To show and love of the Mattel handhelds, that started and revolutionary at the time. Most started with these cool and fun games, back in the 70s and early 80s. Some had these before they got there first intellivision or Atari.So this a brotherhood tribute to keep them alive and well and having good memories, playing them , and still do. To start off, I will share my collection. Maybe you can share a story or collection as well.

Where is the checklist of all Mattel Electronics Handhelds so that Cmart knows when he has a complete collection and everyone can argue over which variations are unique or just a variation? ;)

• Haha 1

I grew up with most of the Mattel handhelds BITD and they were a lot of fun for what they were! Especially loved Football and the Baseball games in later years. I had one that had a removable "remote control" so that the batter couldn't see what you were going to pitch. And another that had a flip top hood so that they couldn't *exactly* make out your button presses. Although they still kinda could, so we'd come up with inventive ways to try and disguise the press. :lol:

Today, I think I'm just down to a couple of Tomy games like Blip and Digital Derby... and these atrocities, who have earned their place at the bottom of a shelf: :mad:

post-13896-0-39653900-1500590870.jpg

...make no mistake about it, they suck. I was soooo excited to see these in stores at first, with the enhanced sounds, new LED display that only takes a couple of AA's, etc. but they screwed up the gameplay! And majorly. Baseball pitches are way too damned fast. Even in the slower setting, just ruins the entire experience. I'd rather have near perfect replicas with original sounds than this crap. Won't even open up the other two games for fear they suck too. And going by some/most Amazon reviews, they do.