IGNORED

The Ultimate Cyclist (2600)

fallenapart

Hi, I just wanted to share with you my very first game.

The Ultimate Cyclist

You can find all files in this github repository. Also you can PLAY IT directly using javatari.

Rules: Hit green bikers, avoid logs and get 100 points. Good luck.

I have one question.

Is it possible to include sprites and playfields from external files? I put all the sprites and playfields in the repository, but in the .bas file I have crude code associated to sprites and playfields. I mean that .bas file includes copy of each of this file.

• Like 1

I got 58 points on my first try. I like the idea and the gameplay is fun! I thought the speed did just "jump" instead of slowly ramping up. If you are thinking about working on it some more, my suggestion would be to make the speed increase gradually. I didn't get to 100 points. Does the game keep going after you hit 100 points or is that the end? If it's the end, I'd change that to something much higher. My last suggestion, add some sounds. I think with some tweaks, this could be a really fun game. :thumbsup:

So the game ends at 100 pts (101, I got), but the score counter has 6 digits?

Will there be more? Shooting bikers and dodging logs makes for an interesting start to the game, and when the speed goes nuts at 50pts. things really get interesting, but it only took me about 3 tries to get 100 pts.

My suggestion would be to make the speed increase gradually

I like this rought increase of speed. Mayby I should add some warning alert before speed gets up.

My last suggestion, add some sounds

I was planing to add it anyway.

So the game ends at 100 pts (101, I got), but the score counter has 6 digits?

The games finishes at 100 points. It is not suppose to be the game where you fight for high score. Besides, I had no idea that I can remove some digits.

Will there be more?

I just want to add some boss after 100 points. But in fact you should beat the game in 3-10 minutes.