IGNORED

microsurgeon beating patient 2

bradhig1

Microsurgeon was a favorite as a kid, but I never mastered the using of both controllers

Yeah, you would need long thumbs. To get the highest scores you might need two players; one to pilot the probe the other to fire weapons/treatments. In emulation you could configure a dual stick analog controller to handle it.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I like playing on original hardware. There is some bad collision detection. Sometimes I fire at the virus, tar in lungs etc , and the shot goes straight through it like it's not there. Not to mention it's hard to change between , antivirus ,ultrasound ,and aspirin. Sometimes I press the button and it doesn't change.

Edited by bradhig1

Ran into a glitch today. After cleaning the tumors out of the brain and with the rest of the stuff in the body gone I kept getting brain serious even thou I didn't see any tumors or gray blockage in the blood vessels. Ran out of power leaving the ear. Why would it say the brain condition is serious when I didn't see anything wrong there?

Ran into a glitch today. After cleaning the tumors out of the brain and with the rest of the stuff in the body gone I kept getting brain serious even thou I didn't see any tumors or gray blockage in the blood vessels. Ran out of power leaving the ear. Why would it say the brain condition is serious when I didn't see anything wrong there?

Does this glitch only happen with the brain? The brain is one organ that is not fully understood; and some brain injuries can't be seen, even with the most advanced imaging tech. It might be a program bug in this game but its not inaccurate.

When I played this game in its original years, it was always with my brother, I "drove" and he "shot" from the other controller, otherwise there's no way to excel. We did the same for Tron Discs and AD&D Cloudy Mountain. We didn't know about not being able to use the disc+keypad on the same controller issue until I read about it online 20 years later.

Yeah, you would need long thumbs. To get the highest scores you might need two players; one to pilot the probe the other to fire weapons/treatments. In emulation you could configure a dual stick analog controller to handle it.

Reminder that using the keypad and disc at the same time is not supported. Do you have PGA Golf? It's a good cartridge to test all 16 buttons and 16 disc directions. Do all keypad functions work in B17?

You can open up the controllers for cleaning but the Intellivision one controllers I've opened were always extremely clean on the inside. I've heard of Intellivision II controllers needing cleaning. The plastic circuit under the disc can wear out if used improperly.