IGNORED

Issues with 360 Slim... So S L O W...

Silverfleet

I've been redoing my "retro room" in my house where all my classic consoles are, and decided to add a 360 in there. It is 12 years old, after all. :D

Anyway, there's something seriously wrong with the thing. It's a Slim model that originally had the 4GB flash memory, and I added a 320GB HDD to it. It's excruciatingly slow at everything. Turning on the console, loading profiles, loading the dashboard, and loading games takes forever and a day. I've read that clearing the system cache helps, but it doesn't. I read that doing it 5 times does the trick... nope, still does it. It's to the point where it's useless.

I bought this thing used years ago. I cleared the profiles that were on there out and added mine. It wasn't always slow like this, and this started happening in the past year. Yes, it has a strong internet connection, so that's not it either.

Another thing I noticed it doing, and this could be the controllers, is that the play and charge battery packs aren't charging properly off the USB cable. The charge cable will light up green like it's fully charged, but when you unplug it, the controller dies instantly. Not sure if this is bad battery packs or if it's related.

I'm ready to throw in the towel and toss the HDD into another older 360 I have until it inevitably RRoD's. Any idea what could be wrong with the Slim?

I think I figured it out. It was the hard drive.

I had bought a 320GB HDD along the way, and I believe it has failed. Almost all my saves were on it, too. I used a PC utility that can clone Xbox HDD's and while it found that it was formatted for a 360, there was no accessible data available.

This sucks. :mad: