IGNORED

Is 3DS still around?

Serguei2

It isn't just free downloads from the PS Plus account, it is any game that was discounted or otherwise related to the PS Plus account. There are a LOT of games that do this... MBC bought a RockStar Bundle of some kind, so all of them do it. But again, this isn't just the free stuff (which we paid for anyway, just not directly) but any game sale price associated with the PS Plus account.

No corruption or anything like that though.

MrBlackCat

Man, if that's the case, then it sounds like PS+ during the PSP days was a rip.

Considering some smartphones are more powerful (and definitely more versatile) than the Switch, it can definitely be done.

Except that the way phones are designed, they're only supposed to last about a year or two before you'll need another one. If you really push the hardware, the kind of heat they put out will do quite a bit of damage in the long run. I'm sure the Switch is designed to last quite a bit longer than that, but time will tell.

Also, I really wish I could play Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion on my 2DS, but I guess that'll never happen.

It can be done, it just isn't legal, unless you have an Ambassador Certificate (Metroid Fusion).