IGNORED

Poll for current users of the F18A VGA video enhancement board.

Omega-TI

On my PRIMARY TI system...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. My F18A enhanced TI is hooked to...

• A CRT based VGA monitor WITHOUT audio (separate speakers).
    • A CRT based VGA monitor WITH audio (built into monitor).
    • A Flatscreen VGA monitor WITHOUT audio (separate speakers).
    • A Flatscreen VGA monitor WITH audio (built into monitor).
    • A Modern Flatscreen TV using an HDMI converter.
    • A Modern flatscreen TV using the VGA connector.
    • Other (please elaborate below).
  2. 2. Reasons YOU decided to buy an F18A (please click all that apply)

• Wanted to use a modern monitor.
    • Wanted better graphics.
    • Wanted access to the extra features.
    • My TI developed video problems and this was the fix I chose.
    • Old composite monitor died.
    • Old TV took up too much space.
    • Wanted to combine TV & TI together to save space.
    • Other (please elaborate below).

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I use an HP vs17x flat panel. I like it because it is a perfect silver-colour match for the PEB, has a 4x3 display and built in speakers.

Although I really only got it to be able to use an LCD monitor, I will admit to having grown spoiled by the clarity of text display, an end to the annoying 3 sprites-per-scanline limitation, and sure would miss the few games that make use of it - both those that are enhanced and those that are specifically built around it.

Biggest epiphany was discovering that the star-field in Parsec really does "sparkle" by design...I always thought it was just the result of CRT artifacting.

• Like 1

I Use F18A in a FLAT LCD 23" TV/Monitor that has more connections. So i Use Digital RF for TV, SCART for the Amiga1200/MSX, HDMI for PC and VGA for F18A.
VGA is the best way for me also thinking to the expositions around my country. VGA monitors has a very good quality and Monitors are very easy to find and very cheaper.

At least could be good to just have possibility to choice among HDMI/VGA, if HDMI is really needed.

I have 4 screens connected to my PC - one of which is an LCD TV with 3 HDMI inputs, one VGA, one Composite a/v and one component BNC.

With the goal of having all of my systems at my main PC I have:
PC via HDMI and KVM (for shared KB/Mouse), TI-99/4a via HDMI and KVM (for shared KB), Amiga500 via HDMI RTG and Composite RGB at the moment (a new core coming will make it 100% HDMI RTG)

A windows 98 computer (WIP) via VGA. This leaves Component and Composite open after Amiga core upgrade.

Windows 98 computer will go through KVM as well.

Amiga is stuck ogg KVM at the moment but with a wireless KB and USB mouse on extension cable.

So in the end, when all is said and done - 3 old computers and a modern PC connected to a shared display (PC has 3 more screens for itself) and two keyboards and 2 mouses for all computers to be operated from a single seat.

My next major project is moving the A500 in to an ATX tower to consolidate over-all footprint.

So with the prospect of have the W98 machine take up a VGA port, I had to get the TI off vga and on to hdmi.

Didn't Sr. Falcon provide a working demo of T80 in XB?

I generally find if I want something from the internet that doesn't exist, I just have to come back and search a few months later...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261765-80-columns-with-f18a-and-extended-basic/?do=findComment&comment=3687371

-M@

• Like 1