IGNORED

The THANK YOU Thread! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omega-TI

I never noticed until today that the forum is led by OLD CS1... I'm thankful for that, and all the rest of Atariage for hosting us.

-M@

I certainly appreciate and and humbled by the recognition. Honestly, I am not really certain how I became the leader, but I know I have all but completely shirked that status over the past six months. Life kicks you in the butt sometimes, but beware... I have awakened.

• Like 1

I want to thank a user that I've not seen around here in awhile.

Many of us with FR99's & FG99's owe a lot to static1701 for all the hard work he did in converting so many programs for us.

The problem is, I've not seen him around here in MONTHS!

Does anyone know what happened to him? Why would he do all that hard work for us and then disappear?

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank Mike Brent (aka Tursi) for all the incredible work he's done on Classic99. It's been an invaluable tool for TI development, I remember downloading it back in 2002-03 and being able to program in XB and save files directly to the PC and thinking it was the most awesome thing EVER.

I would also like to thank Gregory McGill (aka ArcadeShopper) for maintaining a great store of TI products and hardware support. Knowing there is someone I could reach if a piece of equipment failed is what got me to hook back up my TI.

Finally, a big shout out and thank you to Thierry Nouspikel, for the TI Tech pages. They have so much useful data and instruction on the architecture of the TI system, it's no wonder his site continues to get maintained long after the original host was dropped. He inspires me to someday in the future maybe write the book I always wanted as a kid: "Programming Assembly Language games on the TI-99/4a".

• Like 5

I would like to thank Mike Brent (aka Tursi) for all the incredible work he's done on Classic99. It's been an invaluable tool for TI development, I remember downloading it back in 2002-03 and being able to program in XB and save files directly to the PC and thinking it was the most awesome thing EVER.

I would also like to thank Gregory McGill (aka ArcadeShopper) for maintaining a great store of TI products and hardware support. Knowing there is someone I could reach if a piece of equipment failed is what got me to hook back up my TI.

Finally, a big shout out and thank you to Thierry Nouspikel, for the TI Tech pages. They have so much useful data and instruction on the architecture of the TI system, it's no wonder his site continues to get maintained long after the original host was dropped. He inspires me to someday in the future maybe write the book I always wanted as a kid: "Programming Assembly Language games on the TI-99/4a".

when you do i'll order a copy!

This my THANKS to all the community. be a 99er at today could not be so nice without this community.
I do not feel to do particular names because i think that at least all people is important, this want be just a general thanks dedicated to all :)

[...] sprite-loading ability of morphy using nothing but pure Basic code [...]

i am agree with every word in your post but i have to point out that MORPHY was born for TI-BASIC and pure Basic code already in 1984 from Tesioware developers that developed the TI Sprite method for their game. :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

This my THANKS to all the community. be a 99er at today could not be so nice without this community.

I do not feel to do particular names because i think that at least all people is important, this want be just a general thanks dedicated to all :)

i am agree with every word in your post but i have to point out that MORPHY was born for TI-BASIC and pure Basic code already in 1984 from Tesioware developers that developed the TI Sprite method for their game. :)

True, but i personally could never make heads or tails of how or why it worked.

Senior_falcon's method and explanation put in pretty understandable terms for me.

I do thank Tesioware developers for making the game in first place.

• Like 1

I'd like to thank Tursi for making classic 99. TurboForth absolutely would not exist without it. It's been my TI platform since about 2003.

I'd also like to thank my buddy Bob Carmany for all the real-iron testing and advice he gave while I was working on TurboForth.

Finally: Lee Stewart for support in terms of moral support and code, advice, and even a few math lessons on the way.

Oh and Walid for actually building something with TurboForth!

I love you guys!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I'd really like to thank JediMatt42 and ElectricLab again for all their hard work in bringing TIPI to the TI community. It was a quantum leap into the making the TI productive for more than mere gaming again. Because of it, we have a growing BBS community, storage up the wazoo and a super easy way to get new goodies over to real iron, mouse capability and who knows what else in the future. I really cannot thank them enough.

gallery_35324_1027_6934.gif

• Like 6

As far as I am concerned, I am very grateful for absolutely every one on this board and in the community for giving me an opportunity to learn from, show off or otherwise shoot the breeze on anything TI. It has made this strange hobby of mine a far less lonely affair in my little corner of the world. So ladies and gentlemen, thank you!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread and I am thankful that I did. :-)

As expressed here by many, I am so happy to have found this forum made of people who enjoy the TI-99.

I am thankful to the organizers of the site and all the people gathered here who enable my obsession.

I need to give a big shout out to Lee Stewart for answering all my questions and finding my silly bugs, to Willsy for providing insights in how to make the old machine move a little faster, to Tursi for giving me a platform to explore on my own, in a way that keeps my blood pressure low(I am getting old for floppy disk latency), to Arcadeshopper for having the stuff to get my old machine running again and to Ricky Dean who seems to like some of my posts.

Hats off to everyone else who has supported me over here the last two years.

• Like 4