IGNORED

New Gamecube HDMI adapter

I'm not aware of any modern TV as of yet that can't handle a component connection or composite...

One company, Insignia has been leaving off component for a few years now. The problem? They are inexpensive and being sold at places like Best Buy... which means they end up in a lot of regular folks homes...

Edited by Metal Jesus

Cool Video

But, I don't like everything HDMI these days, Find a Small CRT set

Totally irrelevant to this thread and the topic at hand. You might as well start discussing your favorite musical instrument, or what you ate for dinner last night.

The gamecube has a digital port out, and is now being utilized in a proper digital - digital manner. You want to play games that can do 480P on a super tiny CRT that only does 480i, by all means knock yourself out. But most people aren't going to want their games to look like blurry, flickering hammered dog $4!t if there's a better way.

Edited by keepdreamin

Nope

How did he get the Digital Video signal out of the GameCube?

Isn't all the Digital Video info on the Chip inside the GameCube Component Cable not the system itself?

Yes, its in the cable. thats why various people have spent over ten + years reverse engineering it.

Nobody wants to pay $200 to $ 300 for one cable.

Even the best (monster) s-video cable goes for at least $50.

Edit - sorry - like $75 from starting what I see eBay.

Edited by H454

When he made the GameCube HDMI Adapter, Why he didn't just make a Component Adapter for people playing on PVM's or other CRT that has Component Out

Because it was already done.

And HDMI is what people want. Way - WAY more people have Flat screens with HDMI.

A digital to digital adapter with sound is what 95% of GC users want.

How did he get the Digital Video signal out of the GameCube?

Isn't all the Digital Video info on the Chip inside the GameCube Component Cable not the system itself?

Didja watch the video? :roll: The gamecube puts out a digital signal out the digital port, hence why it's labeled "digital". The gamecube component cables convert that into an analog component signal with the cable's onboard chip. The HDMI solution is a straight digital solution, there's no analog conversion.

If you're dead set on sticking with standard definition CRTs, stick with s-video and stop posting here.

• Like 1

You do know there's CRTs with HDMI, right?

Plus Those are some of the FEW TVs that might support 480p component, which is 99% of the reason for getting output from the digital port.

Almost all HDMI TVs support 480p- very few EDTVs do.

Edited by H454

Didja watch the video? icon_rolleyes.gif The gamecube puts out a digital signal out the digital port, hence why it's labeled "digital". The gamecube component cables convert that into an analog component signal with the cable's onboard chip. The HDMI solution is a straight digital solution, there's no analog conversion.

If you're dead set on sticking with standard definition CRTs, stick with s-video and stop posting here.

Or just buy a PAL CG with a scart cable and a xeno chip.

Yea, but how many even new what that was when they came out - or even now. Especially when a Sony had WEGA TVs that most weren't 480p, but nobody was going to tell you that.

I got burned buying a Trinitron around 2003 (27" Floor model for $600) and didn't figure it out till it was too late.

Its amazing how many CRTs were made that do 480i and 1080i and nothing else.icon_sad.gif

So, I guess I meant all the TVs that weren't EDTV, but everyone thought they were the same. Of which their is A LOT.

Edited by H454

My Samsung 4k bought only last year has component and rca. Its a shared port but does both. So component is not dead yet.

go to best buy's website. Find 4K UHD tv's and check off "4K" under resolution and "samsung" under brand. scroll down to inputs/outputs. you'll see 20 sets available with component. 45 with HDMI, which means 25 are HDMI only, including the $20K 88" model.

Edited by keepdreamin

My Samsung 4k bought only last year has component and rca. Its a shared port but does both. So component is not dead yet.

go to best buy's website. Find 4K UHD tv's and check off "4K" under resolution and "samsung" under brand. scroll down to inputs/outputs. you'll see 20 sets available with component. 45 with HDMI, which means 25 are HDMI only, including the $20K 88" model.

Component is dead yet, BUT All content providers are trying their damnedest to kill it. They only want TVs with HDCP.

Plus there is a a bandwidth issue - You need HDMI for 1080p or higher.

When was the last time you saw a new TV add-on (roku, firestick etc) with component? Usually its HDMI and maybe composite.

Note: some stuff - like tivo - has pain in the ass adapters that let you use component.

So component isn't dead yet, but its laying on the dock gasping for air as the fish hook is being pulled out.

Edited by H454