Ok, so I've never had anything to do with programming in my life. However I love Atari 2600 like everyone here and I have a great idea for a game. I've been reading this forum and random terrain site for days now, my eyes and head are about to burst, but this whole programming terminology is mostly completely foreign to me. Nevertheless, I was able to actually grasp some things. I made these two guys move left and right and I was also able to create a title screen. I'm actually proud of this, given my complete lack of knowledge. Here they are.
So, as i said I managed to make these two guys move left and right. The basic idea is a Kaboom like-game. It's a humorist satirical approach to certain events in a certain country. The upper guy should throw rocks on a cop below. The cop blocks rocks with his shield and gains points. As he gains points the upper rioter throws rocks faster. He also protects peaceful protesters who are located below the lower line (not included, as I don't know how to include the 3rd sprite). When all the protesters are killed, the game is over. No extra protesters regardless of points.
So, what do I need;
1. Merge the title screen with my game. Tried several commands, non of which worked. Like these for example:
bank 2asminclude "titlescreen/asm/titlescreen.asm"titlepagegosub titledrawscreen bank2if joy0fire || switchreset then goto gamestartgoto titlepage
2. Make the cop move a little faster, like the buckets in Kaboom.
3. Multicolored playfield. The two lines should be in colors of two different flags. I tried pfcolor command but got an error.
4. Include the third sprite below the lower playfield line and repeat it 6 times. They are supposed to be motionless. And disappear if hit by a rock.
5. Make the upper rioter guy randomly throw rocks, or balls, whatever, like the Kaboom guy.
6. Possibly multicolored sprites, but this is not crucial.
7. Also, animated sprites with moving legs, I can'f figure out the sprite animator.
I know I'm asking too much, but I also love Atari too much so I guess you guys understand. Any kind of help is highly appreciated. Thanx in advance.
And I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, I guess I should have posted in 2600 programming for newbies.
Edited by arcade_lights, Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:00 AM.