IGNORED

I've joined the Lynx club.

simbalion

Today I finally joined the Lynx club after seeing a classmate with one in 1991 or 1992 while in middle school. This unit was a bit more than the one I saw at CCAG, but at least I was able to test it and could have returned it to the game shop if it had failed after coming home. Screen is still pretty good for the age of this handheld and it beats the crap out of my Game Gear. Tomorrow on the way home from work, a new set of batteries! (Using a mixed set the game shop used to test the unit and threw in with the deal.)

post-8339-0-81101000-1502063098.jpg

• Like 3

When and where does the Lynx club meet? I'll bring the keg. There are probably very few of us left, like an old war reunion.

How about trying to organize a meeting in Amsterdam in 2019 when Lynx turns 30? I was there when it turned 25 and it would be so cool to meet Lynx people again. Flights are cheap(ish) there and the weather is nice in summer. We should really set up a ComLynx room now as lots of people have SD carts. And a demo evening to show the best demos made during the years. I wonder what the rent of the Lighthouse would be for en extended week-end. Sponsors?

• Like 1

Well, I guess I could have called it the cult of the Lynx. Is sort of a cult compared to all the Game Boy units out there. Yes, I started with a Game Boy too, but even though today's color LCDs are far better, I can recall the Lynx blowing me away when I saw it years ago. Actual color and back-lit! :) I wouldn't take notice of the Game Gear until they started advertising it with the Lion King pack in game. Wish the Lynx could have gotten the Lion King.

Well, I guess I could have called it the cult of the Lynx. Is sort of a cult compared to all the Game Boy units out there. Yes, I started with a Game Boy too, but even though today's color LCDs are far better, I can recall the Lynx blowing me away when I saw it years ago. Actual color and back-lit! :) I wouldn't take notice of the Game Gear until they started advertising it with the Lion King pack in game. Wish the Lynx could have gotten the Lion King.

The millions of original Gameboy out there...but not used? I'd bet that the Lynx has a better ratio of current users to original units sold. Does anyone play the original Gameboy anymore?

Welcome to the Lynx family, Simbalion! I never got into Lynx Hockey or Baseball Heroes, but Warbirds, California Games, and Xybots are all great introductory Lynx titles. Warbirds is actually the first Lynx game I had, and I had countless hours of fun with it as a kid.

How about trying to organize a meeting in Amsterdam in 2019 when Lynx turns 30? I was there when it turned 25 and it would be so cool to meet Lynx people again. Flights are cheap(ish) there and the weather is nice in summer. We should really set up a ComLynx room now as lots of people have SD carts. And a demo evening to show the best demos made during the years. I wonder what the rent of the Lighthouse would be for en extended week-end. Sponsors?

Sure if you pay for air fare from USA.

We should have 2 separate locations. One in Europe and one in North America. Maybe at the same time with 2 ways video streaming so we all can see each other?

Sure if you pay for air fare from USA.

We should have 2 separate locations. One in Europe and one in North America. Maybe at the same time with 2 ways video streaming so we all can see each other?

We are in a different time zone so there may be small problems with video streams. Making a video afterwards is possible. It might also be a good idea to make the events on different dates in EU and US so that people can visit both in case they can afford it.

So what would we need to make the week-end worthwhile?

- old timers (invite the legends)

- current developers presenting their ideas and discussing the Lynx

- Lynx market place (Luchs?)

- amazing collections? (rygar?)

- dedicated 30 year release of XXX for people attending the event only (I actually have a pretty decent idea of what this will be)

- Lynx music concert (Jukka had some live Lynx project going on for live gigs).

- best Lynx demos on stage

+ most importantly a nice café and docks where you can meet all the AMAZING people from the AtariAge Lynx forum

Depending on date and location, I would definitely try to attend.

What about reserving the last week-end in June 2019. (28, 29, 30 of June). 2 years from now. So start saving.

It should be before holiday season has really started so accommodation is still affordable.

We are in a different time zone so there may be small problems with video streams. Making a video afterwards is possible. It might also be a good idea to make the events on different dates in EU and US so that people can visit both in case they can afford it.

So what would we need to make the week-end worthwhile?

- old timers (invite the legends)

- current developers presenting their ideas and discussing the Lynx

- Lynx market place (Luchs?)

- amazing collections? (rygar?)

- dedicated 30 year release of XXX for people attending the event only (I actually have a pretty decent idea of what this will be)

- Lynx music concert (Jukka had some live Lynx project going on for live gigs).

- best Lynx demos on stage

+ most importantly a nice café and docks where you can meet all the AMAZING people from the AtariAge Lynx forum

Hey, I know a Jukka....

post-61233-0-04778100-1502216543.jpg

post-61233-0-95862900-1502216594.png

Not the same guy?

Alright I'll add it to my calendar. I'm particularly interested in a U.S. hosted one. Maybe in historic Richmond Virginia? There is a classic gaming store here (Bits & Pixels) that likes putting on events, perhaps it could be fun to incorporate them.

What about reserving the last week-end in June 2019. (28, 29, 30 of June). 2 years from now. So start saving.

It should be before holiday season has really started so accommodation is still affordable.

• 1 month later...

Hm, where would the European version be hosted? Do you think that RJ Mical could be persuaded to attend and show off his awesome prototypes?

Do you think RJ could be persuaded to go to Amsterdam? I get the feeling that won't be too hard, just let him know way in advance about it. I might even try saving up to fly over from Australia if it means seeing RJ again.

Do you think RJ could be persuaded to go to Amsterdam? I get the feeling that won't be too hard, just let him know way in advance about it. I might even try saving up to fly over from Australia if it means seeing RJ again.

Hi Cammy,

I just dropped RJ a line. The worst that can happen is that he says: No

It sure would be nice to meet the legends from the early Lynx days as well as all you people who still care about the Lynx.

If it is arranged I will be there for sure.

• Like 1