Photo

YM2017

6 replies to this topic

#1 chicgamer OFFLINE  

chicgamer

Moonsweeper

• 337 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 AM

In case you haven't seen this yet, a music cart is being released for the Genesis/Mega Drive.

It's a nice little novelty item. Not something I plan to pick up, but still cool.

https://catskullelectronics.com/YM2017

#2 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Nicole!

I simply couldn't wait to order this up! I'm a sucker for all the demo carts and music carts I can get. Especially for the Genesis. The music samples on the order page are amazing, and I've been told this is with stock Genesis hardware. No added hardware in the cart pulling off this quality sampling of audio. So I'm curious and anxious to hear how it sounds on my modded setup.

#3 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:20 PM

In case you haven't seen this yet, a music cart is being released for the Genesis/Mega Drive.

It's a nice little novelty item. Not something I plan to pick up, but still cool.

https://catskullelectronics.com/YM2017

Also this isn't the first music cart for the genesis to be released. There are a few others and at least one other on the way that I've also preordered. Either way, it is all pretty cool to see these and even better to play and hear them from an actual Genesis.

#4 chicgamer OFFLINE  

chicgamer

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 337 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:19 PM

Also this isn't the first music cart for the genesis to be released. There are a few others and at least one other on the way that I've also preordered. Either way, it is all pretty cool to see these and even better to play and hear them from an actual Genesis.

If I had extra money to spend, I'd definitely consider getting one of these. My money is tied up now, though. :/

#5 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:14 PM

I can appreciate that. Hopefully they are available for a while so that you can later. I believe catskill released a video of the cart in action on his FB page...I need to find that.

Here it is...

#6 chicgamer OFFLINE  

chicgamer

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 337 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Damn, that is cool. Would be great if it were a flash cart that you could download new music to and use that visualizer.

#7 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,985 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

Nicole,

I've just found out that the pre-orders for this music cart only through Aug 25th. After that...that's it. They don't plan to offer it outside of the pre-orders. I'm kinda sad to see that as I think this will be a fantastic cart and demo setup. But then again, with the LED visualizer on the cart I'm sure that is expensive and not the easiest thing for them to source. 

Anyway, they released a screen shot of the interface and, it is pretty cool looking. So hopefully you can jump in on this soon.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users